OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 880 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 380780830870878879880881882890930980 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had trouble engaging and disengaging the difflock in my 2106 CRD, so I thought I'd give the Mac solenoid mod a go. It has certainly improved it, but I still struggle to get it enagaged at times, I find I need to creep forward or backward and move it pretty sharply left and right to find the sweet spot where it all lines up and the locker enagages. From what I've read this is pretty normal with the factory locker.
    Unlocking is now instant, so a great improvement there, as I used to wait ages sometimes for it to unlock.

A couple of before and after pics below, I just used 6mm poly airline and 1/8" BSP fittings that I had at work. The poly airlines I just slid down inside the existing vaccum hoses and put small sping clamps on them. I just drilled a couple of holes in what was left of the factory bracket and mounted the Mac solenoid directly to it.

The factory solenoid:

These are a great fast acting solenoid, the 532F modification to these is a waterproofing option to make it washdown proof. (Full Part# 45A-GC1-DDBA-1BA-532F)

The finished job:

Last edited by stevemc181; 10th December 2018 at 12:06 PM.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

10G (19th April 2021), Bidja (11th December 2018), GQtdauto (10th December 2018), MB (10th December 2018), mudnut (10th December 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a new GUTD42T Nissan OEM radiator a few weeks back and had it installed along with tappets adjusted for an upcoming sand trip.
    Hopefully these new OEM radiators are as good as its first having lasting 360,000km+ and 17+ years in the old family tank
    Old ones still ok, just an insurance policy for the sand and too lazy to clean it for full efficiency no doubt needed forthcoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (21st December 2018), Hodge (21st December 2018), mudski (21st December 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its amazing MB that the body shape does not give away its age, understanding it might have been one of the first GU's in the range. Good to see its still chugging away and doing the service.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (21st December 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Picked up a new GUTD42T Nissan OEM radiator a few weeks back and had it installed along with tappets adjusted for an upcoming sand trip.
    Hopefully these new OEM radiators are as good as its first having lasting 360,000km+ and 17+ years in the old family tank
    Old ones still ok, just an insurance policy for the sand and too lazy to clean it for full efficiency no doubt needed forthcoming

Nice. I put in a Koyorad radiator in mine. Apparently Koyorad are what Nissan use. Its a far cry better than the OEM copy that was in there. Got one new for around half the price of what Patrol a Part sell them for. Good to have connections. If you ever need any parts like alternators , rads, belts, hoses, filtration, pretty much anything let me know.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (21st December 2018), Yeti's Beast (21st December 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Uhmm. Feck! Doesn’t look real good...
    The bottom silicone elbow had dirt and all sorts on the inside of it. Couldn’t figure out why as I always made sure the clamps are good and tight. It turns out when I had the Patrol engineered they also changed the intake of the turbo to 4inch. So they had to fab up a new intake pipe to the air box. Well the pipe they used isn’t quite 4inch. So the when clamping up the hose it’s basically pinching in one section and leaving a gap open for all sorts of nasties to get in. Great!

Last edited by mudski; 22nd December 2018 at 03:00 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bidja (22nd December 2018), GQtdauto (22nd December 2018), MB (22nd December 2018), Yeti's Beast (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Uhmm. Feck! Doesn’t look real good...
    The bottom silicone elbow had dirt and all sorts on the inside of it. Couldn’t figure out why as I always made sure the clamps are good and tight. It turns out when I had the Patrol engineered they also changed the intake of the turbo to 4inch. So they had to fab up a new intake pipe to the air box. Well the pipe they used isn’t quite 4inch. So the when clamping up the hose it’s basically pinching in one section and leaving a gap open for all sorts of nasties to get in. Great!

That is not nice mate. You just can't trust many out there mate.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

mudski (22nd December 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    That is not nice mate. You just can't trust many out there mate.
    Yeah 4inch pipe is supposed to be 102mm OD. Same as 102mm ID silicone. But this pipe measures 99.5. Not much but enough to not seal good enough. So I’ve had to use some sos tape to space it out, clamp the home hose, then I used more sos tape on the end of the hose and onto the pipe. Sealing it up good.
    I wonder if this is the cause of the turbo leaking oil on the outlet side. The inlet is dry of oil as the catch can is doing its job, but the outlet and inter cooler have oil right through it. Not a lot but it’s visible when you remove one of the inter cooler hoses.
    Not sure if this is normal though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah 4inch pipe is supposed to be 102mm OD. Same as 102mm ID silicone. But this pipe measures 99.5. Not much but enough to not seal good enough. So I’ve had to use some sos tape to space it out, clamp the home hose, then I used more sos tape on the end of the hose and onto the pipe. Sealing it up good.
    I wonder if this is the cause of the turbo leaking oil on the outlet side. The inlet is dry of oil as the catch can is doing its job, but the outlet and inter cooler have oil right through it. Not a lot but it’s visible when you remove one of the inter cooler hoses.
    Not sure if this is normal though.

Yeah, my CC (Provent 200) lets a bit of oil vapor thru as one would expect and can feel a fair amount the oil smear both sides of turbo. Not dripping but visible and easily wiped away. Not sure of your turbo build but CRD 2052v Garrett being oil /air cooled, use the oil pressure to centralize the thrust bearings to run true. There looks like a lot of abrasive action against your comp wheel, what is the bearing / journal build for your turbo?

With CRD 2052v shaft bearings being oil pressurized and with that much grit going thru, recon my seals would have a hard time.
    Last edited by Bidja; 22nd December 2018 at 06:13 PM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Yeah, my CC lets a bit of oil vapor thru as one would expect and can feel a fair amount the oil smear both sides of turbo. Not dripping but visible and easily wiped away. Not sure of your turbo build but CRD 2052v Garrett being oil /air cooled, use the oil pressure to centralize the thrust bearings to run true. There looks like a lot of abrasive action against your comp wheel, what is the bearing / journal build for your turbo?

With CRD 2052v shaft bearings being oil pressurized and with that much grit going thru, recon my seals would have a hard time.
    My turbo has roller bearings. I checked and there was zero play in the shaft so I suppose that’s good. I’m just concerned of engine damage more than turbo. But the motor has only done circa 35 thou since the build three years ago so I’m hoping there little to no damage. Anyhow if it’s rooted then so be it. But it still pulls Jesus from its cross so there can’t be much wrong.
    I do think it’s time to ditch this fatz air box and put something real in there. But I need to move the six battery first. Next years resolution. If I don’t burn the fecking then first. Haha!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bidja (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My turbo has roller bearings. I checked and there was zero play in the shaft so I suppose that’s good. I’m just concerned of engine damage more than turbo. But the motor has only done circa 35 thou since the build three years ago so I’m hoping there little to no damage. Anyhow if it’s rooted then so be it. But it still pulls Jesus from its cross so there can’t be much wrong.
    I do think it’s time to ditch this fatz air box and put something real in there. But I need to move the six battery first. Next years resolution. If I don’t burn the fecking then first. Haha!

I mentioned the turbo bearing, as if the bearings were oil fed like mine, the seals may have gone and could throw oil. May not be the case for your build.

Any nasties might have just blown right on thru. Limited sand /dust for you maybe.

Guess Radius LS1 be one up from Fatz or a big bgrrr (cyclonic) from Donaldson.

Page 880 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 380780830870878879880881882890930980 ... LastLast