OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 463 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563963 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed new airbox top, hose... No more SUCKING chest wound sounds.

Installed new intercooler hoses, much better fit, temps seem lower. We'll see tomorrow when I go for a run with the CT.

Installed boost gauge I've had in the twin pod for a year.. Now I know.
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

Stropp (6th February 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a led light strip along the cargo barrier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
    Installed a led light strip along the cargo barrier
    Gotta love LEDs plenty of light minimum current draw
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Dinger (26th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ SEMMO did you install merit or just 12v cig.
    Should avoid 12v cig not the best or most reliable connection
    merit or anderson are Ok.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just fitted my turbo beanie, now I'll see if all the hype surrounding Thermal dynamics is founded.
    Have been taking notes on my EgTs lately so we'll see what happens

PITB but decided to wire it on with SS lock wire, as its way to fiddly to use the springs supplied
    Main thing is its on and a nice snug fit too
    Last edited by threedogs; 7th February 2015 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    Hmm, bit difficult to see the twin tips there Parksy, where as on the brand of spark plugs I prefer using to get me going, you can clearly see they are twin tipped

Sorry folks. Must've pressed the wrong buttons.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I really wanted to ask, was how much do the twin tipped spark plugs cost, and how long is the expected service life?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    nice mistake BTW
    dont they advertise them as 100K plugs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dunno, TD. I was hoping for a link, but but I have realised I have data again so I will do a search.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    First impression is notably more power and the boost comes up quickly, much nicer to drive.

Installation cost was higher than i thought it would be at over $400, they had to replace the studs on the turbo.
    I rang a few places and they all charged the same hourly rate and would not give a fixed price.
    I just got home from the exhaust place, via a 30km ‘detour’. Good news & not so good news. The not so good news is that the Genie pipe didn’t fit as well as it should have, the first section of pipe after the dump pipe was, as fabricated, going to sit hard against the chassis rail. Not good & the last place I wanted it because that is where I have the extended coolant hose running. I didn’t know about this until I went to pick it up & was told that they had needed to cut the pipe & rotate the lower part of it a little before re-welding it to make it fit. (see pic). Of course this was the section of pipe I had had ceramic coated. They sprayed silver over the weld & it doesn’t look as though the ceramic coating has been damaged where it’s needed. As it is I think they did the right thing & appear to have made a reasonably neat job of it. What else could they have done - they’d already cut the old pipe off. Suggestions were made about the possibility of the pipe having ’slipped’ in the jig during manufacture. Not sure how my warranty from Genie now stands.
    I’d like to think that giving the dump pipe studs & nuts several soakings of CRC yesterday helped - no broken studs. All up installation cost was $294.

My first impressions driving it are, unsurprisingly, like TPC’s. No huge ‘kick in the pants’, but noticeably more power & more free revving. It is indeed like having another gear. The most noticeable ‘symptoms’ of improvement to me are the reduction in low rev ‘transmission growl’ when pulling away, simply because the revs build more quickly, and also the ability to hold top gear far more easily. At 100kph it is doing 2300rpm, which I think is about 200rpm or 300rpm less than before. Because of the weight of my Patrol I have generally tended to change down to 4th on many hills. My ‘test hill’ near home I took a few days ago, needing to change down to 4th to keep revs above 2000rpm. Today on the same hill I remained in 5th comfortably, backing off a bit when I found I was doing 110kph & accelerating.

So, no more exhaust fumes in the cab from the old (original) flex joint, & a nicer car to drive. I’m pleased that it sounds no louder than the original set up although slightly disappointed that it actually doesn’t sound any different.

Now to cut the turbo heat shield to clear the pyro sensor & to fit the gauges. On that note last night I bought these on ebay. Anyone used them? I hadn’t seen them before.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 7th February 2015 at 05:14 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bob (7th February 2015)

Page 463 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563963 ... LastLast