OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 458 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket55 View Post
    Installed my Slimline 2 roof rack today from Opposite Lock. All I can say is "Not f***ng impressed" I will be talking to them tomorrow and I believe it will be coming off and going back to them. Biggest issue. Rack is flat, Patrol gutter is curved, all legs are the same length. Currently the clamps which are rubbish will need to crank down ie: bend the rack 30mm. This means both the front and rear legs will be pulling up and ALL the weight will be sitting on the centre legs. This thing costs a fortune and there's not one piece of stainless in the bolt pack and the whole bloody thing bolts together (32 bolts and nuts which will all rust) I ordered a shovel holder as well and I was give this tiny little "L" bracket and a single clamp that doesn't hold the shovel handle...WTF. Talk about pissed off. Hey Nic, can I buy that rack off you?
    Spoke with and took it back to Opposite Lock, no problems. They were really good about it. Shame it didn't work out as planned.
    Cheers Rod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke with and took it back to Opposite Lock, no problems. They were really good about it. Shame it didn't work out as planned.
    So it's not just a once of defect?? Its how there made??

But to be honest I think you'll find most racks are flat and pull down to the gutters
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post

But to be honest I think you'll find most racks are flat and pull down to the gutters
    ...which is not right.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave it a sponge bath. All nice n' clean again.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post

No, couple of issues I had with it. Not sure if others would feel the same through. Firstly I was given the wrong legs. I was given GQ legs instead of GU legs which explains why it was so high off the roof. This could have been resolved easily by getting GU legs. Although the "gap" would still have been there as both leg sets say all 3 legs are the same length. So same problem, just closer to the roof.

Other issues I had are. Originally these platforms were one welded piece, now they come as an "IKEA" flat pack and they bolt together with 30 odd bolts and nyloc nuts, even the sides are 2 pieces to make the 2.1m length. To me this doesn't seem as strong, could be wrong though. It's a top brand and pricey item. All the bolts were just black cap bolts, all the hardware was nickel plated. The black bolts would start rusting within the week and the nickel stuff a year or so latter, especially when connected to an already rusting bolt. The clamping system to me was very rough and agricultural, given the slick design of the rest of the rack, now I know why there's no close ups of the clamps on their site. To my bewilderment there is NO rubber supplied for the gutter mounts, they expect you to mount them metal to metal. The shovel mount I was supplied only had 1 clamp (which wouldn't clamp my plumbers shovel) and the other end is support by an "L" bracket and not secured in any way. Add it all up and for the money it wasn't worth it for me, which is dissapointing as I deliberated long and hard over it and went for it based on what xperiences others on the net have had. After seeing it in the flesh, I'd rather get a rhino which is cheaper, better accessories and available at every 2nd corner store. The Opposite Lock guy understood where I was coming from.
    Cheers Rod

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocket55 For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (20th January 2015), Stropp (20th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a tracklander rack and cannot fault it, have a look at them.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Rocket55 (20th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, couple of issues I had with it. Not sure if others would feel the same through. Firstly I was given the wrong legs. I was given GQ legs instead of GU legs which explains why it was so high off the roof. This could have been resolved easily by getting GU legs. Although the "gap" would still have been there as both leg sets say all 3 legs are the same length. So same problem, just closer to the roof.

Other issues I had are. Originally these platforms were one welded piece, now they come as an "IKEA" flat pack and they bolt together with 30 odd bolts and nyloc nuts, even the sides are 2 pieces to make the 2.1m length. To me this doesn't seem as strong, could be wrong though. It's a top brand and pricey item. All the bolts were just black cap bolts, all the hardware was nickel plated. The black bolts would start rusting within the week and the nickel stuff a year or so latter, especially when connected to an already rusting bolt. The clamping system to me was very rough and agricultural, given the slick design of the rest of the rack, now I know why there's no close ups of the clamps on their site. To my bewilderment there is NO rubber supplied for the gutter mounts, they expect you to mount them metal to metal. The shovel mount I was supplied only had 1 clamp (which wouldn't clamp my plumbers shovel) and the other end is support by an "L" bracket and not secured in any way. Add it all up and for the money it wasn't worth it for me, which is dissapointing as I deliberated long and hard over it and went for it based on what xperiences others on the net have had. After seeing it in the flesh, I'd rather get a rhino which is cheaper, better accessories and available at every 2nd corner store. The Opposite Lock guy understood where I was coming from.
    Yea wow. That is very poor.
    I'd expect at least graded stainless bolts.
    And that shovel mount sounds shoit.
    I'd be wanting full money back to.
    Hopefully you have jumped on a fb Page or 2 of theirs and vented some frustration towards the quality. Obviously customer service is good at this outlet but geeze. What a let down
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Rocket55 (20th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo.
    I've semi rebuilt the alternator.
    So new bearings and brushes.
    A good clean out.
    But... Still maxing at 13.8v.

So next step is a new diode plate. Around $50 the lecy can get them for to suit the unit I have and a direct plug to Nissan loom instead of a Hitachi to Nissan adapter.
    Anyway. It'll do for now.
    It's still not throwing the dual battery solenoid so I'm a bit annoyed about that but I'll manage.
    Anyway. At least it's clean lol

ForumRunner_20150120_162253.png

ForumRunner_20150120_162303.png
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (20th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try the wreckers. They may have an old alternator with good components.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah one day lol.
    Got a few other things needed first
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 458 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558958 ... LastLast