OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 427 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527927 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a steel winch compatible bar on it - winch will come ... One day

I got dealership pricing because I work at "I bought a jeep" and I use them heaps for accessories - paid $2200 for the lift & a safari snorkel all supplied and fitted.

Just dropped him off this morning (literally across the road from work) and they dropped him over at 5 ... Ran outta time today so snorkel is going on tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    More than likely due to the much heavier rated coils in the back..... Are you planning on getting a steel bar and winch on the front?
    Thought that might be the case - Thanx!!

NISSANS Rulz .... "Amelia" the 2006 4.2ltr Patrol Ute & "Seamus" the 2008 3ltr Patrol Wagon

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Washed the mud off mine and filled the gutters in the street with high country dirt.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New front wheel bearings and exhaust bracket that busted on the Kimberley trip.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,044 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Nipped over to Lake Burrumbeet this arvo, with the intention to do some walking. Did a bit, but then decided to drive the Patrol round the lake. Deep washouts & potholes saw me having to use low range. However what should have been fun was horrible. *Every* time even the slightest amount of flex occurred the most awful & loud squeaking happened. I had suspected it might, I’ve noticed it occasionally when mounting kerbs etc & thought it was my rubber mounting of the pod when the chassis rails flex a bit. The noise was bad enough to spoil any enjoyment there might have been.

Got home & googled ‘4wd squeaks’ & found all references were to suspension. Went around the greasable shackles with the grease gun - have done this before, don’t forget *all* the suspension (springs - Leaf & coil, shocks & bushes) were new with the GVM upgrade, & not a heck of a lot of miles done since. Also liberally sprayed everywhere around springs & shocks with CRC - & then went for a drive through my local wood.

Came home with a big smile on my dial, the track was tight between trees, with a few deep puddles, plenty of washouts, drops over tree roots etc etc ...... & not a single bloody squeak! It would be nice if it is greasing the shackles which has done the job, but if the squeaks return I at least now know that it’s suspension & not pod related. I know CRC is not the answer, but it’s good to know where the problem lays.
    Cuppa I get a squeak on articulation from one of my front springs, it stops for a while if sprayed with CRC, the mechanic said its nothing to worry about but its bloody annoying.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G`day Cuppa
    Good to see you putting a couple of Ks on the truck mate.
    With the greasable shackles you are always going to have this noise return so you may need to grease them fairly regularly.
    Don`t over grease and wipe off excess as it attracts dust and dirt. You may have to check the leaf pads aswell These are the little leaf separators at the end of the leafs You should also check the "U" straps which are normally riveted to one of the lower leafs and hold the pack square as if the pack flexes alot these "U" plates can become noisy. A small amount of preventative maintenance and you`ll be all good.
    Beers and Cheers Pearcey
    PS please say g`day to Mrs Tea

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed a catch can
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semmo For This Useful Post:

2TROLLFAM (9th November 2014), TPC (8th November 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally wired up my dual battery setup :-) now my new auxiliary battery tray holds my primary battery and my red arc smart solenoid is keeping it all charged. Still have to wire in the override switch in the dash in case of a bat flattery... And of course some power points in the back for the engel and iPods and such, but awesome result so far!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed LED driving lights, internal winch controls, and a set of sliders, big day. :-)
    Cheers Rod

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seamus got a bath today so he's all pretty for his trip to Banyo (Roo Systems) early next week LOL

Page 427 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527927 ... LastLast