OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 408 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the rear bar.
    What was the problem. Not fitting correctly. What's happened.

Where do I start?

The finish is absolute rubbish, like being build by 1st year apprentice. Out of shape, bent, incorrect or outright dodgy hardware supplied, like you need M14 bolts they supply M12, 5/8 bolts have M20 flat washers, 8 mm holes drilled for ally checker plate didn't get holes right so they used M6 bolts with M8 flat washers instead. WTF!
    Even the castle nuts for carrier swing arms are out of shape, had to use fencing wire instead of split pins...

Locking pin is missing adjusting nut, pivot is welded crooked so the arm won't align with the locking hole....

Welding spatter powder coated in no worries. The worse think is that bar just wouldn't fit without enlarging the mounting holes way too large so it starts to affect the tensile strength of the brackets.

Those tiny flat washer they supplied bent like banana when just standard ratchet was used, I had to manufacture new washers/spacers out of 10 mm steel plate as the M14x1.5 bolts go all the way to 200 Nm.

Utter Taiwanese/Chinese rubbish.

Keep clear of those dodgy crunts.

Regards

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rumcajs For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (7th September 2014), growler2058 (7th September 2014), Hodge (8th September 2014), MEGOMONSTER (7th September 2014), Patrol-Guy (8th September 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
    What a rubbish product! The absolute piece of chit.
    Now I understand these comments.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided 2 take the rear tire off that had gone down 1 few weeks after parking it up over a year ago *L*

Found a screw, removed and plugged. Good as new
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your dramas but I have one and have had no problems whatsoever, even did 8500 k's on the recent Simpson trip too!

Where do I start?

The finish is absolute rubbish, like being build by 1st year apprentice. Out of shape, bent, incorrect or outright dodgy hardware supplied, like you need M14 bolts they supply M12, 5/8 bolts have M20 flat washers, 8 mm holes drilled for ally checker plate didn't get holes right so they used M6 bolts with M8 flat washers instead. WTF!
    Even the castle nuts for carrier swing arms are out of shape, had to use fencing wire instead of split pins...

Locking pin is missing adjusting nut, pivot is welded crooked so the arm won't align with the locking hole....

Welding spatter powder coated in no worries. The worse think is that bar just wouldn't fit without enlarging the mounting holes way too large so it starts to affect the tensile strength of the brackets.

Those tiny flat washer they supplied bent like banana when just standard ratchet was used, I had to manufacture new washers/spacers out of 10 mm steel plate as the M14x1.5 bolts go all the way to 200 Nm.

Regards
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where do I start?

Regards
    If I had a coin for every time I heard angry words towards these guys, I'd be owning a Y62 by now... They have a local store here, which is always deserted, I walked in once when they opened up, and got NO service at all. I was gonna check out the rear bar too. Am now staying way clear thanks.
    2005 TD42TI

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Sorry about your dramas but I have one and have had no problems whatsoever, even did 8500 k's on the recent Simpson trip too!
    Did you fit it yourself or had someone else do it? Because once fitted and quality issues hidden you unlikely to notice the dramas unless there is a difference between early/late Patrol fits, I'm sure for 05 and later Patrols the fit is just an abomination.

Indeed it was a few encouraging posts about MCC bars which swayed me towards it from next contender Raslaar which was more expensive but also had quality issues and no jacking points.

Regards

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pulled my winch apart again. Seems the grease I used is, well, too good for use in a winch. I used a red ultra tack grease used for earthmoving machines. Sticks better than chit to a blanket this stuff. But even not over packing the gears with grease it's way to tacky and the outer hub struggles to slide in the housing. As a waterproof grease I need to use I might try the good old Castrol APXT grease I have here. Now to clean out this red grease from the gears.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had it fitted as part of the deal but i have been under it a few times and looks to be no issues, i did strengthen the mounts by welding two pieces of angle iron so the weight of the 35"s didnt make it sag under constant corrogations, it has taken quite a few knocks but its still good.

image-3491100296.jpg

Did you fit it yourself or had someone else do it? Because once fitted and quality issues hidden you unlikely to notice the dramas unless there is a difference between early/late Patrol fits, I'm sure for 05 and later Patrols the fit is just an abomination. Indeed it was a few encouraging posts about MCC bars which swayed me towards it from next contender Raslaar which was more expensive but also had quality issues and no jacking points. Regards
    Last edited by Stropp; 9th September 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Hodge (9th September 2014), Rumcajs (9th September 2014)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now you need to put a wide load sign on the back just for the tyres...Lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modified my spare set of front shock mounts and installed them along with a new pair of superior medium springs
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Page 408 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast