OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 406 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Castrol LMM grease is what I have used Mark.
    Make sure you silicone it all up when you put it back together and I added a breather to the motor casing to further help prevent water ingress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd September 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,316 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Drew, I though about using LMM but its not water proof and if any water does manage to get in there... But a Lithium base grease is probably what I need, because of the extreme pressure in the gears. I think I have some Lithium based water proof grease somewhere in the garage....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (4th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Replaced with just another ZD manifold? Or something special?
    Nah just another standard one, except this one is all clean and shiny.. Not half blocked with carbon lol
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

7. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I change my air filter, I noticed the sealing gasket on the snorkel between the air box and panel was broken and come off.
    Is at Nissan today having it fixed under warranty.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,316 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You reckon they will just fill it up with silicone Mick? Or actually do the job properly?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Thanks Drew, I though about using LMM but its not water proof and if any water does manage to get in there... But a Lithium base grease is probably what I need, because of the extreme pressure in the gears. I think I have some Lithium based water proof grease somewhere in the garage....
    why don't you run an air line to it so its pressurized for water crossing, only need an old air horn compressor
    A lot of comp guys do this. easy as to do

Used that hi temp silver solder 2% all the time when I worked at the motor rewind place.

Also put a texta mark on my Dawes Valve, and have documented positions and boost/ spool figures.
    Hoping to grab a few extra PSI to get the EGTs lower
    Last edited by threedogs; 3rd September 2014 at 12:13 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an extra earth strap put on the long ranger sub tank as suggested by Nissan to fix my transfer issues and it did diddly squat.
    Needs to go back again to rectify the problem.

Also got a Redarc 20A in-vehicle 3 stage BC/DC 12v battery charger, and the isolator removed.
    To rectify my aux battery charging capacity.

Also an external Anderson plug to keep battery on charge when not in use without opening the hood.

Was found my aux battery tested ok but the main battery was kaput.

Will need to perhaps change aux battery to main and look at maybe an Optima yellow top for the Aux battery.
    Not sure yet if I can change it round as the terminals are opposite way around.

All in all, happy with today but was really hoping for a sub tank that transfers fuel.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably already have considered this and I don't know your circumstances, but I reckon you want to carefully weigh up your Aux battery use before choosing a Yellow Top. Yes they are an all-rounder, and if you parallel them to your start battery a lot, then probably a good choice, but there are much better dedicated Aux batteries around depending on need. A/Hrs is not overly high on the Optima range. We use the Yellow Tops a lot at work and they are great, but not for longer term Aux loads like fridges and lights etc... Just a thought.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,716 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the patrol serviced after the Simpson trip, had to get a couple of brackets welded back on where they cracked and new sway bar links due to the old ones falling off they were that flogged out and the gear stick bushes replaced to reduce the slop, off this weekend to the Blackwood river
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

katwoman (4th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,716 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally replaced my tyre i blew at camerons corner, picked up a replacement from a mate brand new for $150 hankook 33" AT. I have been a bit slack getting things back to spec after the big simpson trip but we are back on track now.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Page 406 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506906 ... LastLast