OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 370 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Left the farkin' thing at home. That's how much it's doing my head in. Easy fix, don't drive it. ha!
    Yo Hodgey whats up with it , cant be much its a new car
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Yo Hodgey whats up with it , cant be much its a new car
    Inconsistent power issues, I've had for a long time now mate. One day she is a rocket, the next shes a complete slug. Mainly in 4th and 5th, but lately it's been across the gears. And I touch, or do nothing to it inbetween. It's like everytime I turn the engine on or off, the car rolls the dice, to set the power it's gonna have. For example, one set of lights on take off, it shoots off nearly snapping my neck, good in 2nd, 3rd, then 4th she just sits there laboring and boost maxes out but she just takes ages to get there. Then the next set of lights, it can be vice versa... Very slow on take off, then once I get to 3rd or 4th, she absolutely hammers... Thats just one of the examples. Sometimes it gets boderline dangerous when mergin on freeways etc...

And I've head a thread about it before asking for opinions, and gone through everything from MAF, to air filter, to adjusting the needle and dawes valve till cows come home. Mudski helped me a lot in this part, with the gear and MAFS, and setting it all up. Out of ideas. Just fed up with it.
    There you go John.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inconsistent power issues, I've had for a long time now mate. One day she is a rocket, the next shes a complete slug. Mainly in 4th and 5th, but lately it's been across the gears. And I touch, or do nothing to it inbetween. It's like everytime I turn the engine on or off, the car rolls the dice, to set the power it's gonna have. For example, one set of lights on take off, it shoots off nearly snapping my neck, good in 2nd, 3rd, then 4th she just sits there laboring and boost maxes out but she just takes ages to get there. Then the next set of lights, it can be vice versa... Very slow on take off, then once I get to 3rd or 4th, she absolutely hammers... Thats just one of the examples. Sometimes it gets boderline dangerous when mergin on freeways etc...

And I've head a thread about it before asking for opinions, and gone through everything from MAF, to air filter, to adjusting the needle and dawes valve till cows come home. Mudski helped me a lot in this part, with the gear and MAFS, and setting it all up. Out of ideas. Just fed up with it.
    This might be a veeeeery long shot, but I used to have a company car that had the same symptoms, turned out the brake light switch running from the pedal was wearing prematurely and intermittantly sticking in the "on" position, fooling the engine management system into thinking I had my foot on the brakes, when it happened it'd cut power so you'd hit the accelerator and it'd feel like it was running on one pot.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post

Send it up here for a month with a blank cheque book
    If I had endless money that would be a wonderful option!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Meticulously going through all of the connectors in the loom may be your best bet. Also the 'Knockometer" method might work in this case. Tapping the handle of a screwdriver on components and wiring loom. In a perfect world, it would be excellent to do that while the car was on a dyno, as you could see if there was a change. (we used to do that on locomotives on load test and it worked in many hard to fix cases).
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    Have you tried a can of that intake cleaner hodge? Subaru sell it and I think you can buy it at auto shops also, just has a different name. Worth a shot...
    Hey mate, no I haven't. But I'll take that onboard. The problem is, if something is broken, then why does it drive ridiculously good sometimes. One would think it would be a slug all the time. I've tried all the surface bits, like full NADS, Egr blocked, new intercooler, new MAF's, cleaned MAF's, new air filter, new fuel filter.... List goes on.

Haven't driven it for 3rd day now and my blood pressure is normal now. Don't intend to, while I ponder what to do, whilst consulting with the finance minister.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, no I haven't. But I'll take that onboard. The problem is, if something is broken, then why does it drive ridiculously good sometimes. One would think it would be a slug all the time. I've tried all the surface bits, like full NADS, Egr blocked, new intercooler, new MAF's, cleaned MAF's, new air filter, new fuel filter.... List goes on.

Haven't driven it for 3rd day now and my blood pressure is normal now. Don't intend to, while I ponder what to do, whilst consulting with the finance minister.
    Hay Hodge, have you tried resetting the ecu? Disconnect the battery overnight?

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st May 2014), Hodge (21st May 2014), Stropp (22nd May 2014), Winnie (21st May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Youre a thinkin man's, man,...mannn

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (21st May 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Hey bud. I haven't, tried that yet? Sometimes when I clean the MAF I disconnect it for an hour or so, just because I've read a few times to do so. But that obviously wasn't long enough for the ECU to reset?
    Will definitely give it a shot!
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I dropped the gq off to Patrolapart this morning.

Lets just say it has to spend the night there.

I've been treating it like poo and neglecting it for a few years and the list of things is quite extensive....lol

Cracked engine mounts to bearings to radius arms to the nylons and much more...

It's getting a small makeover and I promised myself to look after it from now on...bahaha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (22nd May 2014), Stropp (22nd May 2014)

Page 370 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast