OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1029 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 295299299791019102710281029103010311039 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,290 of 10454

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    What's this madness you speak off...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I had a chance to upgrade with very little outlay and I sat on it for too long and just missed out. Ah well, it was to never be I suppose.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    ……………Please DO-NOT install performance modified longer distributor rotors folks and I’m seriously questioning newfound Petronix upgrades for heat resistance/longevity from previous owners installation too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I stand by my earlier opinion on the aftermarket extended performance TB42S dizzy rotors that do cartwheel/destroy above.
    Have definitely changed my mind on the longevity potential of the Petronix upgraded ignitor from previous owners install.

Arrived at final work destination last night and fulfilled a decent days work start today finally. Was greeted by @AB’s overnight Pak&Send thankful parcel of a replacement Petronix from Patrolapart down in Mexico-Lilydale
    Not a minute too late, we crossed some of the steepest parts of the East Coasts GDR at times down to 1st gear low range with hazard lights to reach each roller coaster peak for another downhill 1/2/3/4/5th gear 1,000rpm windup again for the next
    Petronix has held on for seriously 1,000km of hell but didn’t stop completely, FULL RESPECT Mr P Thankyou

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (7th May 2022), Rossco (7th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An honest word of warning too for anybody out there Caravan trekking Oz at the moment, please do keep off Armidale Road down to Grafton ways. Possibly the worst/dangerous ongoing bitumen potholes I’ve experienced after the rains these poor buggers have had up here. We’ve broken a spring on the little machine trailer at very low speeds coming down, there’s also a week long I believe cycling event underway, head north or south, avoid at all costly coast drop downs

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (7th May 2022), PeeBee (7th May 2022), Rossco (7th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,966 Times in 3,377 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    An honest word of warning too for anybody out there Caravan trekking Oz at the moment, please do keep off Armidale Road down to Grafton ways. Possibly the worst/dangerous ongoing bitumen potholes I’ve experienced after the rains these poor buggers have had up here. We’ve broken a spring on the little machine trailer at very low speeds coming down, there’s also a week long I believe cycling event underway, head north or south, avoid at all costly coast drop downs

Cycling event. The easiest way possible to disrupt the most people possible for the benefit of the least people possible to attract nobody to the local ratepaying businesses you've just closed off the local roads to. Get a grip.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (7th May 2022), Touses (11th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gave the Old Trol a 4" lift with blocks of wood. Gotta get a hoist instead of stuffing around, just to do the Gearbox and diff oil. And yes, that is a ghost standing behind the spare on the trailer.

Best advice given to me was to crack the top plugs first. It took using a breaker bar with a piece of pipe and a bottle jack to get the gearbox and diff top plugs to move. It was touch and go as to whether I needed to weld a socket onto them.

To get the bottom plug out, I used a bottle jack to hold the breaker bar in the plug.

I am thinking of designing a tool that sits securely on a jack, but lets the breaker bar turn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudnut; 15th May 2022 at 07:10 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

10G (11th May 2022), MB (13th May 2022)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahaha, 4" lift ^^^ nice work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    330000 km service done! What a prick, the front uni joints are to grease. I found it easier to drop the TF case one to get at the grease nipples.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (13th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,405 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not today, a few days ago. Drove through two rivers (actually more than 70 crossings in the 190kms we travelled, but most were fairly shallow) both had water the same height & both fairly wide. The Wenlock & Pascoe Rivers on the way to Lockhart River. Deepest water we've crossed in the car. 800mm. Both over concrete causeways , but one had a lot of deep sand on it from when the level had been up to 14 metres recently. Wasn't fun for the short time when all four wheels were spinning & I wasn't making progress. Thought we had got through ok, but yesterday noticed the car was a bit on the nose. Water got in somewhere, just not sure where. All the sound proofing felt underneath the vinyl floorcovering is wet, but thankfully only in the driver side footwell. Today seat is out, various pieces of trim removed & the floor covering lifted with an electric fan drying things out. Might take a while if the 100% humidity keeps up.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (13th May 2022), jay see (13th May 2022), MB (13th May 2022), mudnut (15th May 2022), Rossco (13th May 2022), Stropp (13th May 2022), Touses (13th May 2022), Yeti's Beast (13th May 2022)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got the brakes and bearings done. Initially got a Bendix ultimate upgrade kit for the front. Rotors, braided hoses and pads, new fluid too. Turned out bearings had to be done as well as the rear brakes too. So ended up doing rotors and pads all around. At least that's out of the way for a while.

Performance? I don't know what to think as this is the first time i've ever had a brake upgrade of this magnitude.
    I understand they will take a bit to "bed" in before full effect. So far the pedal feels the same. First half of press more or less does nothing and then it begins "grab". The latter half definitely grips and anchors the car more and i guess it'll become better as time goes on.
    But am I expecting to much if i was to say I expected "more" from the pedal early on considering the work done?? I'm assuming it was all bled properly.
    2005 TD42TI

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd May 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Got the brakes and bearings done. Initially got a Bendix ultimate upgrade kit for the front. Rotors, braided hoses and pads, new fluid too. Turned out bearings had to be done as well as the rear brakes too. So ended up doing rotors and pads all around. At least that's out of the way for a while.

Performance? I don't know what to think as this is the first time i've ever had a brake upgrade of this magnitude.
    I understand they will take a bit to "bed" in before full effect. So far the pedal feels the same. First half of press more or less does nothing and then it begins "grab". The latter half definitely grips and anchors the car more and i guess it'll become better as time goes on.
    But am I expecting to much if i was to say I expected "more" from the pedal early on considering the work done?? I'm assuming it was all bled properly.
    Was it braided hoses all round? You can put the TB48 brake master cylinder in which has a larger bore size also, this will assist in braking if you want more.

Let the brakes bed in for a bit and see.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (20th May 2022)

Page 1029 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 295299299791019102710281029103010311039 ... LastLast