OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1019 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 195199199691009101710181019102010211029 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,190 of 10480

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    For Sure Plassy Mate Personally not a fan either of airbag assisting leafy utes and the like as they definitely apply pressure on OEM unexpected points. Patrol coily rears (all variants- wagons/utes) as we all hopefully know do need their tower tops aftermarket braced to handle real world usage and proper GVM upgrades of old first modifications. Inside coil type airbags on properly braced GQ/GU’s are great I believe, it’s just a case of as you wisely say having the correct coils doing their job with airbags as a backup for changing loads/unloads.
    BTW: How many dozen slabs (Vic only) cartons (Australia wide) would one need to cross the Nulla most inland Brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Under no circumstance would I install airbags, even after towing 3T trailer/350kg ball weight loads, but that's just my opinion. Let the (upgraded) springs load up and do the work, not the chassis. And yes tower braces installed for sure. Many people have differing opinions but I'll stick with mine thanks.
    As for slabs per outback mile......generally more economical than normal. Whatever you can handle nightly with an early rollout over say 3 weeks is my packing list. Generally leave the big glugging to shorter trips or weekend pissups!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (13th February 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair Call Brother
    Probably best if I explain to witnesses here though that the Old GQ Grandpa is trying to keep a lower profile all over Australia. Outback NSW 2.5T donga hauls, 1.5T little NT Kanga hauls, Tassie thousand dollar track smashing and then back home mountain VHC crawling. Call me lazy but I can’t be stuffed popping different coily springs in and out again for heavy highway run all rounders

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (13th February 2022), Rossco (14th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair Call Brother
    Probably best if I explain to witnesses here though that the Old GQ Grandpa is trying to keep a lower profile all over Australia. Outback NSW 2.5T donga hauls, 1.5T little NT Kanga hauls, Tassie thousand dollar track smashing and then back home mountain VHC crawling. Call me lazy but I can’t be stuffed popping different coily springs in and out again for heavy highway run all rounders

Fair enough too but I've never felt the need to change suspension for empty vs loaded applications once I upgraded. King springs (can't remember off the top of my head which ones) and Koni Raid shockers. Have been more than happy empty and loaded (especially).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (13th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever experienced the deadly kangaroo bounce up a rocky track unladen Plassy Brother, hoping not

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you ever experienced the deadly kangaroo bounce up a rocky track unladen Plassy Brother, hoping not

Being a wagon with stuff, tools and drawers in the back, no. I guess an unladen cab chassis might get hoppy?

I've guffed on other threads before about the "pull back" factor of the Koni Raids. They are unbelievable for ceasing and desisting any wayward suspension rhythms but high speed touring is their bread and butter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (14th February 2022)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 764 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a real bad grinding noise the other day, like when you clean out a wheel bearing, dry it out, don't add grease and spin it. no sticks stuck underneath. Slowed down and turned intoa parking spot. As i turned I heard a clunck and the noise went away. No stick on the road, no extra stones, dunno. Gone now anyway. Reckon it might have been a stone stuck in the brake rotor or similar. Dunno.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (14th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick mountain skirt windy cut through to major highway test run for a pub lunch on the new springs and front sway bar mods with very minimal airbag assistance only half loaded for work.

Loving Dobinsons for their more reasonably priced gear that hasn’t failed me yet

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (15th February 2022), Plasnart (15th February 2022), Rossco (17th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgraded the old TD42 A/C idler bearing a coupla of days ago down in Tennant Creek thanks to Autopro Legends opening up early for us

Wanker quoting my own post but unhappy with a guesstimated only 10-15,000kms lasted on a HCH-American (China) bearing. The Team up at Tennant Creek - Autopro are Legends and helped get me out of the uncomfortable cab heat shit but I’ll be searching for an NGK- Japanesey bearing as soon as I’ve released this screaming 35C NSW border summer squirrel again

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (15th February 2022), mudnut (15th February 2022), Plasnart (15th February 2022), Stropp (15th February 2022)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure to be an SKF/NTN variant avail Mark. You might try to validate the range of bearing speeds this unit sees. Is the unit a sealed for life or requires some grease input from time to time, and if so, how with your assy? My under bonnet temps used to sit around the 80 deg mark before I did the airflow cooling mods and its dropped to circa 65DegC from memory - running temp will be a consideration for the life and internal clearances or 'class' of the bearing. Being mounted to the block will also see that heat soak you have to contend with. Maybe the one you got was dimensionally correct, just not to the right duty?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (16th February 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Philstar, I’ll have to download a manual here to see what Nissan OE specified.

Page 1019 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 195199199691009101710181019102010211029 ... LastLast