OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Threaded View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,780 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Nice one Phil, I didn't know you had the 24v MIG. We had one when we did the Madigan and had to use ot to fix q Hilux in No Man's Land. No chance we'd have got it home without it. Great bit of kit. I keep my eye out hoping to stumble on one for sale one day.
    Yeas, bought in 1990, only played around with it in the back yard, one of those 'what a great idea' purchases. I tried one of the Uniwelder setups as well, the modified 12V alternator that was rated at 200amp and 240v output - nup, didn't cut it. the unit had to run at circa 8000rpm alternator speed and the Patrol pulley system, when I had the 2.8TD, simply could not accommodate the additional pulley, let alone the 2 or 3 pulley drive it really needed. I shredded belts and generated a lot of noise and smoke, but only a flyspeck of a spark at the rod. I suspect it really needed to go on a stand alone genet in all honesty. It went in the bin from memory.

The lithium's are rated at 175amp for 5 mins and 250amp max instant, which is below the 150amp required for the easywelder. The guys at ITECH were great, they assessed the style and options and I settled on this package, with a Battery monitoring gauge as well. So 200a/hr lithium, equal to my 390a/hr AGM setup at 1/5 the weight, and can handle the welder as well. Will eat the coffee machine as well!!
    Last edited by PeeBee; 3rd July 2022 at 10:43 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd July 2022), MudRunnerTD (3rd July 2022)