OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1049 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049
Results 10,481 to 10,486 of 10486

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 20,759 Times in 8,579 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    How old are your boys mate? I totally know the feeling and I don't like relying on others to solve my problems (aka asking the school principal to talk to the other family), so don't take this as advice, just venting off here... I once taught my daughter how to break a nose, how to throw a punch to the throat and some other dirty moves and told her to 100% destroy the bully boy with no regrets, that any problem with family or school would be mine to solve, nor hers. It turned out that just giving her that confidence put the thing into a different perspective for the other party without her needing to use the "new skills". But man, did it boiled my blood...
    Hey mate, he's just turned 10 but unfortunately he is autistic and has developmental delays. He's basically about two years less mentally so he becomes an easy target unfortunately.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (19th April 2024), Cremulator (19th April 2024)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,308 Times in 6,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Please do ‘name & shame’ the culprits on that station @mudski Brother
    Safe Travels you two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From my FB page mate….

“Well, 10pm Last Tuesday night, we made the decision to drive up to Beth at Nockatunga station to help her get out of that prison camp, which made Beth so miserable for the last six weeks. What happened up there I don't have enough space to type it all down. The stations managers should be barred for life of running any more cattle stations for the things happening up there. Every story Beth and her mate Bella told us is beyond belief of how anyone could be treated this way. Here! In Australia too.
    After doing a night "covert operation" to get the girls and two horses, we were out of there heading back to Thargomindah for the night, before trekking north east to Augathella to where Beth was to start her new job at another station. Catherine and I met the station managers and the other workers and were very relieved. Such a beautiful station, Beth is sharing a house with the two other workers, both girls were so nice to Beth instantly when they met. The share house has everything she needs, and everything works. Beth's old work place, her room resembled a concrete prison cell, seriously. The plus side also, she will actually be using her horse for mustering, unlike the old place which just blatantly lied to both Beth and Bella just to get them up there. They're horses were put in a paddock of some 30,000 acres I think and Beth only saw her horse a handful of times in the six weeks she was there. Not to mention working from dawn to dusk 7 days a week. The only time Beth had off was when she was sick, 2 days and was made to drive herself to hospital, which was a six hour round trip, and four days off for easter. Illegal much? This station owner will be getting a few emails soon I think from some ex employees and parents of these ex employees.
    After all that, she's happy where she is now, and we are happy too. She is just so bloody far away. Catherine and I left Beth yesterday morning at around 8am, dropped Bella off with the float and her horse down at Yelarbon that day and made a Bee line for home and got in today at around 2.30pm this afternoon.
    Oh and only 590ks into the road trip, at around 5am, 240k south of Cobar NSW, 5th gear in the Patrol decided to go bang and not work anymore, so the rest of the trip was done in 4th gear, leaving us to a top speed of 90kph!
    We had flooded roads, so towns we need to pass through up to Beth were cut off and impassable, but alternate and interesting dirt roads were found to get us there, a buggered gearbox and maybe a thousand mozzie and midgy bites on me, but we DID IT!!!! “

I have cried with elation mate. It’s over. For now.
    Next step is to make sure the station owner is aware of what’s going on.
    I hear another station hand has decided to quit, also the chef is doing the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 21st April 2024 at 08:15 PM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (22nd April 2024), Cremulator (22nd April 2024), Hodge (22nd April 2024), mudnut (21st April 2024), pearcey (22nd April 2024), Plasnart (21st April 2024), Touses (22nd April 2024), TPC (21st April 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really surprised that a station could be so bad, I have visited about 30 sheep and cattle stations for work and they have all been friendly places with happy workers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

pearcey (22nd April 2024)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`m with TCP on this . I do the odd job and play on a few stations and have found the same. Yeah folks work hard, play hard but all well respected. Most are sheep stations so bikes are use to muster but the occasional neddy is used. As for accommodation most shearers quarters are like home, great kitchens, bath rooms, toilets, bedrooms and lounge rooms all very comfortable. One place is in the process of building a three bed room house for their foreman. One thing, all those that I work and play on are AUSSIE owned.
    I hope and wish her and her mate all the best for new start.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (22nd April 2024)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I am really surprised that a station could be so bad, I have visited about 30 sheep and cattle stations for work and they have all been friendly places with happy workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    I`m with TCP on this . I do the odd job and play on a few stations and have found the same. Yeah folks work hard, play hard but all well respected. Most are sheep stations so bikes are use to muster but the occasional neddy is used. As for accommodation most shearers quarters are like home, great kitchens, bath rooms, toilets, bedrooms and lounge rooms all very comfortable. One place is in the process of building a three bed room house for their foreman. One thing, all those that I work and play on are AUSSIE owned.
    I hope and wish her and her mate all the best for new start.
    Its surprised us too. But. This is nothing new with the current station managers according to pretty much anyone you talk to in the town of Thargominda. A book could be written just on the stories I have heard about them.

Her accomodation was a tiny concrete box with no window and it floods when it rains. I was also told by a local plumber that right outfront of the room where my daughter was, is a septic tank which often overflows when it rains, right into my daughters room she had. Now, she got really sick a few weeks ago. Couldn't keep any food down and had the trots for two full days. The girls were not warned about Q fever, not even given the option to be vaccinated against it. From my understanding, its law to be told of the risks, and you must be tested and vax'd when working on these properties. Nothing was mentioned at all to both girls. Most people in the town of Thargominda are vax'd because of the amount of cattle trucks that drive through the town, so the risk of cattle dust getting into your lungs is high.
    So did my daughter have Q fever? She had all the symptoms of it. Or did she get sick from when her bedroom flooded after a big rain they had.
    I guess we will know soon as she is getting tested for Q fever in the coming weeks.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyhoo!

Does anyone have a spare 5spd lying around. 4k for a new box and another 1k to get it fitted. Im trying to find a low K second hand box but not having much luck.
    It might stay a 4spd for a while longer I think.

Page 1049 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049