OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 812 of 880 FirstFirst ... 312712762802810811812813814822862 ... LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 8793

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

  1. #8111
    Patrol God Hodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    4,058
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    That is the cleanest 'under vehicle shot ' i have seen. Do you polish under there after every trip away?!!!!
    No not really Phil. This car has literally never seen mud. All it's seen is dry high country dust & rivers. Most of which simply degreases off.

    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Another bitumen bunny!
    Lol. Not all of us are lucky enough to live in Glenrowan with all that "off road" and camping in their back yard...
    2005 GU TD42Ti

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

    GQtdauto (5th December 2017), PeeBee (5th December 2017)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #8112
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    12,663
    Thanks
    5,241
    Thanked 6,854 Times in 4,321 Posts
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    No not really Phil. This car has literally never seen mud. All it's seen is dry high country dust & rivers. Most of which simply degreases off.
    I think I need to take you on some muddy high country tracks.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    Hodge (6th December 2017)

  6. #8113
    Patrol Guru firm351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mundijong, WA
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    493
    Thanked 708 Times in 273 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaced the pos sealed beam headlights with some H4's. Cant believe the difference, should've done it yonks ago.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  7. #8114
    Hardcore
    PeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne South east
    Posts
    2,115
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firm351 View Post
    Replaced the pos sealed beam headlights with some H4's. Cant believe the difference, should've done it yonks ago.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Did you also upgrade your wiring? I found a huge difference using one of the Piranha wiring loom upgrades - cost about $110 from memory but higher voltage to the lights, greater output.
    Manufacturer of the Complete Camp Oven System

    Website:http://davesstuff.net/

    Vendor Page: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ar-That-Works/

    Tuturial Video's: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ted-on-Youtube

  8. #8115
    Patrol Guru firm351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mundijong, WA
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    493
    Thanked 708 Times in 273 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Did you also upgrade your wiring? I found a huge difference using one of the Piranha wiring loom upgrades - cost about $110 from memory but higher voltage to the lights, greater output.
    Nah mate not yet but its on the list. The very long list...

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  9. #8116
    Travelling Podologist Cuppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ballarat, Vic
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the Patrol out to do what it was designed to do - 4wd'ing.
    Drove the Montezuma Falls Track in Tassie's west.
    14kms in, 14kms out. Took a little over 2 hours each way. Non stop action all the way!
    Was rated as medium but there were a few short sections I reckon were 'hard'. (Have since been told that a 're-grading' is long overdue).
    It certainly tested me - the hardest I've attempted, but due to the very narrow track with nowhere to turn around - once on the track you are committed.
    All 1st & 2nd low range & used the front e-locker several times to assist & once to get ourselves out of a situation which could have been pretty dodgy had we not have had it. When MrsTea squealed "Diff Lock" with a sense of urgency from the passenger seat there was no debate!

    2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, 240v, 3 Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2 lift, Lovells GVM upgrade, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697s, Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, Tyredog TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life
    The Big Trip Blog

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

    Bidja (18th December 2017), GQtdauto (18th December 2017), jack (17th December 2017), mudnut (17th December 2017), Rossco (23rd December 2017), Touses (18th December 2017), TPC (18th December 2017)

  11. #8117
    Patrol Guru Bidja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Table Lands, NSW
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 433 Times in 256 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Took the Patrol out to do what it was designed to do - 4wd'ing.
    Drove the Montezuma Falls Track in Tassie's west.
    14kms in, 14kms out. Took a little over 2 hours each way. Non stop action all the way!
    Was rated as medium but there were a few short sections I reckon were 'hard'. (Have since been told that a 're-grading' is long overdue).
    It certainly tested me - the hardest I've attempted, but due to the very narrow track with nowhere to turn around - once on the track you are committed.
    All 1st & 2nd low range & used the front e-locker several times to assist & once to get ourselves out of a situation which could have been pretty dodgy had we not have had it. When MrsTea squealed "Diff Lock" with a sense of urgency from the passenger seat there was no debate!
    So it was one way then unless you had tow hooked up - Ha Ha
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

  12. #8118
    Travelling Podologist Cuppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ballarat, Vic
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    So it was one way then unless you had tow hooked up - Ha Ha
    Track was very narrow. Mirrors folded in to avoid rock faces & bushes. I reckon there were no more than a couple of passing spots in 14kms & even they were risky (soft mud).

    If we'd had the Tvan hooked up it would have been 'no way', not one way. One very tight corner had a wheel half over a drop off (long way down) to get around a large fallen tree.

    2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, 240v, 3 Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2 lift, Lovells GVM upgrade, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697s, Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, Tyredog TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life
    The Big Trip Blog

  13. #8119
    Patrol Guru Bidja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Table Lands, NSW
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    429
    Thanked 433 Times in 256 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Track was very narrow. Mirrors folded in to avoid rock faces & bushes. I reckon there were no more than a couple of passing spots in 14kms & even they were risky (soft mud).

    If we'd had the Tvan hooked up it would have been 'no way', not one way. One very tight corner had a wheel half over a drop off (long way down) to get around a large fallen tree.
    Yeh, checked track out online and appears to have some tight section and considered one of the most muddiest tracks in Tassie. Roadside vegetation looks very lush and absolutely wonderful.

    Also great to re familiarise ones self of how the vehicle performs and to do an adrenalin check. Be an enjoyable run mate.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

  14. #8120
    Hardcore
    PeeBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne South east
    Posts
    2,115
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted replacement cruise control cable that got mangled on last trip. Additional oil cooler arrived and scoped out the fittings and hoses.
    Manufacturer of the Complete Camp Oven System

    Website:http://davesstuff.net/

    Vendor Page: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ar-That-Works/

    Tuturial Video's: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ted-on-Youtube

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

    MB (22nd December 2017), Rossco (23rd December 2017)

Page 812 of 880 FirstFirst ... 312712762802810811812813814822862 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •