OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of months ago I scored some 6" Kenwood speakers from Supercheap that were marked down from $70 to $30 and then I got another 40% off so they were only $18 per pair. I also bought a $10 set of plastic tools for removing door trims. Today I replaced all four of the stock speakers (Clarion branded with paper elements) with the Kenwood ones and I'm happy to say that I managed to do it without breaking any of the door trims or the "Christmas Tree" attachment thingys. It took about 45 min for the first one as it took me a while to work out how to get the door trims off but it got easier from there and the last one only took about 20 min to remove trim, remove speaker and cut existing connector off, solder on new speaker, install speaker, replace door trim). The sound quality is so much better and I can turn it all the way up on the stock head unit without it distorting. Now I just need to keep an eye out for a new head unit and I am still deciding if I am going to add an amp as well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Gags For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (13th May 2018), MB (14th May 2018)