OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 348 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448848 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 10481

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Got some some new rock sliders. Replacing the rusted and bend ARB ones.
    Also got a clip on rear view mirror that has blue tooth for the phone, Front facing recorder and a rear camera.
    where do you get the mirror camera thing Meh ?...does it display the distance left in the mirror with audible sound etc when you are reversing ?..how much was it if I can ask ?..
    Do they just replace your existing mirror ?...are they wireless ?.."5 hours of recording"..is that only due to the size of the sd card ? or do you have a link to it ....cheers

just seen they are clip on...so could they replace the factory mirror do you think ?
    Last edited by menace 2; 4th April 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    the one thing wrong with middle age ...is knowing you will grow out of it !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menace 2 View Post
    where do you get the mirror camera thing Meh ?...does it display the distance left in the mirror with audible sound etc when you are reversing ?..how much was it if I can ask ?..
    Do they just replace your existing mirror ?...are they wireless ?.."5 hours of recording"..is that only due to the size of the sd card ? or do you have a link to it ....cheers

just seen they are clip on...so could they replace the factory mirror do you think ?
    Here is a pic from the catalogue below.
    It doesnt display the distance, just has some colored bars on it and the camera is 140 degrees.
    Clips on over your current one, its quite large which is good cause I can now see the kids in the back without having to tilt the mirror down.
    5hrs is what it says with a max of 8gb micro SD, I might try a bigger one see if that works when I get to the shops to buy it.
    Did some video's at 1080 HD. 3 minutes is about 200mb. Will play around with the different video's and see which is best ect.
    It also has a motion activate with a battery within the mirror. So if some one was to bump into the car, or try to break in it starts to record.
    Has a second video input. Ive set it up so that I can select the reverse camera while driving if Im towing ect.
    And has a blue tooth hands free to top it off
    $149 from repco at the moment on sale

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers thanks Meh..

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    10r 15s x 31 are smaller than STD so great acceleration, and high revs at hwy speeds
    A set of 16" x 8 rims with some 265s would be back to STD, slightly less acceleration but lower revs at hwy speeds
    at hwy speeds, 285s are about the same as a 33" but only 11.5 " wide, not sure if they would fit on a GQ with STD suspension.
    With a 2" lift yes, check what off set is required , rim wise
    this is 33's against standard suspension..I suspect also with an element of sag...wont fit...needs a lift definitely..
    and with a -21 offset...too much ...stick out from flares about 15mm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by menace 2; 16th May 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper View Post
    I suspect your speedo will be more accurate if you put 32 inch tyres on. Ours was fast by more than 10% with 31 inch tyres, now with 32's it's back to about 5% faster than reality.
    so does that mean that with the 33'3 on I am actually going slower than the speedo ?..the GPS shows 90klm when the speedo shows 100klm...I thought it would have been the other way round ??..actually going faster than the speedo ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got my new Holley carby today fitted it while my daughter was asleep so unfortunately due to time restraints I couldn't do a step by step walk through. But I'll be honest. It's a 100% improvement on the old carby just have to properly tune it now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the patrol on ramps and bled the cooling system again. Was amazed at how much air came out, considering I bled it the other day when I chucked the new head on. Worth checking for everyone next time the opportunity arises.
    Also checked timing, cleaned the maf and put some gearbox treatment stuff in. Shifts nicer now.
    Last edited by Parksy; 4th April 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menace 2 View Post
    so does that mean that with the 33'3 on I am actually going slower than the speedo ?..the GPS shows 90klm when the speedo shows 100klm...I thought it would have been the other way round ??..actually going faster than the speedo ?
    That doesn't add up to me menace, not from experience or logic.
    I've tested ours with the roadside speed displays used by councils and the RMS with the 31's and the 32's.
    Logically, your 33's will be doing less revs than 31's would at the same speed, so your speedo should run slower with the bigger tyres.
    1989 GQ LWB Wagon, TB42 Petrol/LPG Auto. Bought Dec 2010

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper View Post
    That doesn't add up to me menace, not from experience or logic.
    I've tested ours with the roadside speed displays used by councils and the RMS with the 31's and the 32's.
    Logically, your 33's will be doing less revs than 31's would at the same speed, so your speedo should run slower with the bigger tyres.
    yes..exactly what I thought that's why I asked ...so I just elect to drop 10 klm off the speedo reading and sit on that to play it safe...maybe the GPS isn't reading properly...it is a Garmin Nuvi ?..not really reliable anyway....I will just get someone to sit on 100klm one day and follow them ...then just use that as the best guide....have to be careful..they have just lowered the speed tolerance again !...cheers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to menace 2 For This Useful Post:

ripper (4th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running 35's with an auto box and the speedo shows 87 when I'm actually doing 100 . Tested the same on two different brand gps. When the speedo shows 100 I'm doing 115.
    I plan to live forever................going well so far

Page 348 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448848 ... LastLast