OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 767 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 267667717757765766767768769777817867 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 10481

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Lights off.

Low beams.

High beams.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Wish I had a GQ now so I could have a set of those lights. They look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I booked it in with United Fuel Injection (UFI) over here in Perth for an ECU Remap. I need to extract some more ponies from this thing.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

Avo (23rd May 2017), MB (23rd May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I booked it in with United Fuel Injection (UFI) over here in Perth for an ECU Remap. I need to extract some more ponies from this thing.
    Let me know how you go with this as I am thinking about doing a re-map rather than a chip.
    If you don't mind sharing, what sort of cost are you looking at?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

Avo (23rd May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc4by View Post
    Let me know how you go with this as I am thinking about doing a re-map rather than a chip.
    If you don't mind sharing, what sort of cost are you looking at?
    I already have a Manta 3" System and the Tillix boost controller/needle valve set-up so it's just the remap from UFI @ $1450.00. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I'll be getting the remap done this Thursday, so give me a few days to drive it and I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I already have a Manta 3" System and the Tillix boost controller/needle valve set-up so it's just the remap from UFI @ $1450.00. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I'll be getting the remap done this Thursday, so give me a few days to drive it and I'll let you know what I think.
    I look forward to the report. I have a manta 3 inch with the NADS done as wel.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not today ( been offline for ages - too busy ) but at the end of April I had new bfg km2 fitted to my ute. This is my second set. $ 325.00 ea fitted and balanced which I think was a good price ( 265 /75 16 ).Had no argument from my wife despite the fact that a set of 4 tyres for her car only cost $354.00 in total due to a buy 3 get 4th tyre free promo on Toyo tyres. Our trip last year on a very muddy Oodnadatta Track convinced her of the value of decent mud tyres. Yes the Track was open - checked with the cops. Also had new rear wheel brake cylinders and load proportion valve extension bracket fitted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember that a high IQ doesn't make up for a lack of common sense.
    Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Wal For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great choice of tyres Wal mate, love em! Dad had us camp out at the old Dalhousie Mozzie Oasis ponds for an 3 extra days back in the early 80's with Desert Duellers, he should've chosen KM1's back then too ;-) !

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra storage

As you might imagine, setting up our Patrol for extended solo travel means we have to carry a fair bit of 'stuff'. Mostly everything has it's place - or at least that's the aim.

One thing I didn't have a place for was the 10.5 litres of oil to replace that in the motor in dire circumstances, so yesterday I put my mind to finding a spot to carry it. Finding a suitably sized & shaped container was the key. Finished the little project this morning.

This is what I came up with, utilising, as per the usual Cuppa manner, stuff I had sitting around in the shed. Some offcuts of 3mm 'signbond' (left over from the shower I made with it), some plastic edging from the same project, & some rubber edging strip which was a mistaken purchase for some kitchen renovations at our last house.

Ok I exagerate, I did need to go out & buy the hinges, only because I wanted ones which wouldn't rust, so I got a pair of stainless ones, & whilst at the hardware store I also bought the hasp which was bigger than one I had in the shed, but I wanted it's extra thickness. Subsequently it was cut down & modified to suit.

It was also built in the usual Cuppa style. Ie. 'make it up as you go along'. Getting it to close so that it holds the container tightly in place was achieved via a fair of trial & error. I think it'll do the job though, & wont draw the attention of legal jobsworth's who assume I am carrying fuel on the back of the vehicle, or those who think the container may have contents worth sniffing or stealing. It also allows me to still use the rear step between the tyres to climb up to check the solar panels on the roof.

Last edited by Cuppa; 25th May 2017 at 01:33 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Clunk (25th May 2017), DX grunt (25th May 2017), jack (25th May 2017), MB (25th May 2017), mudnut (25th May 2017), Touses (25th May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate,
    I was just looking at new lights as 1 of mine is flicks on and off. Where did you get them? what $$$ if you don't mind telling?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc4by View Post
    I look forward to the report. I have a manta 3 inch with the NADS done as wel.
    Its only been a short drive home, but I could feel the extra grunt as soon as I left the driveway at UFI. I got home and took the missus for a spin, she couldn't believe the difference either. I also noted the scan gauge was giving me the lowest fuel readings I have seen, but I'll check this out over a few fill ups.

I am a happy with the increases that UFI have achieved. She's gained a 30% increase in Torque and a 24% increase in kw. This seems to now be a motor I can live with, but I'll give it a bit of a run over the next week or two and see how it all goes. Grin from ear to ear driving home though!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

MB (25th May 2017), Touses (26th May 2017)

Page 767 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 267667717757765766767768769777817867 ... LastLast