OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 928 of 1045 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189269279289299309389781028 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 10450

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Somewhat farked a brand new ARB bearing journal :-(

In my christmas holidays wisdom thought a 47mm socket punch could do the home press jobbie but found reckon she might squirt guppy farts even after a solid hours hand 200/400/600 linishing wanker attempts to rectify idiot scratches :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you make a woopies...

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (29th December 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    You guys are painting into something I am not - a creative auto elec!. Once I work out what I am doing I will see how if it can be made tidier. I do have about 6m of 20 core, but every cable is black, so you can probably guess what a cluster I would make of that. The 7 core might get a heads up - was down at Jaycar this morning and bought 200 of their smallest circular ring crimp fittings - just in case!
    All the colours can be positive mate. Use your multi core black as earth. All colours positive but allows you to run your switching looms with fuses and logic. If you need 2 runs of it then you have 14 wires, all positive, but only 2 of any colour. Just label the outer sheath as run 1 and run2 or a piece of tape around the end of one mate. The 15 amp will handle most of your need a with ease. Happy to come and give you a day Phil.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (29th December 2019), rusty_nail (29th December 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Made up some rubber cover thingos to cover up the gap between the inner wheel arch and chassis on the rear. Looks like there was supposed to be something there but nothing shows OEM in the parts program.
    IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg

I also cut out some black corflute and tucked it in the small rear bard door window frame to keep the sun off the fridge. I have done both left and right windows with this stuff too.
    Works well it does. I might even do the large barn too in the future...
    IMG_2148.jpg

And then gave the old GUrl a sponge bath in preparation for our trip.
    IMG_2145.jpg

Last edited by mudski; 29th December 2019 at 11:29 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (30th December 2019), jay see (29th December 2019), MB (30th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the corflute stuff taped onto the rear window of our Patrol's canopy as a means of protecting it from stone damage when towing off road. It's good stuff. Have also used it underneath our fridges, sitting on the fridge slides, just for an additional bit of insulation. Our's is white on the side that shows & with pictures of Patrick Dodson on the side that doesn't. We were in Broome at the time of the last election!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th December 2019), Plasnart (29th December 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    All the colours can be positive mate. Use your multi core black as earth. All colours positive but allows you to run your switching looms with fuses and logic. If you need 2 runs of it then you have 14 wires, all positive, but only 2 of any colour. Just label the outer sheath as run 1 and run2 or a piece of tape around the end of one mate. The 15 amp will handle most of your need a with ease. Happy to come and give you a day Phil.
    Thanks again Darren, that make sense, incredible how I cant join the dots at times. I think the cables as run will more or less remain, however a few, quite a few will be shortened and run in a more regulated fashion instead of spaghetti like. Tidied up with some corrugated hose and should come out ok. The runs to the back of the car are being rationalised - I am finding heaps of loose tails simply chopped off - bloody disgrace to be honest. I will give you a shout if I crap out for sure..
    When is that shed going up by the way? The concrete will at least be well onto the way to 100% cure by then I guess.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Made up some rubber cover thingos to cover up the gap between the inner wheel arch and chassis on the rear. Looks like there was supposed to be something there but nothing shows OEM in the parts program.
    IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg

I also cut out some black corflute and tucked it in the small rear bard door window frame to keep the sun off the fridge. I have done both left and right windows with this stuff too.
    Works well it does. I might even do the large barn too in the future...
    IMG_2148.jpg

And then gave the old GUrl a sponge bath in preparation for our trip.
    IMG_2145.jpg

Thats a really smart looking rig Mark, have a safe trip, hopefully free of too much 'steam'. I might try the corflute on mine also to shade the fridge - good simple idea. I have also closed up the rear wheel well with rubberm, but more to hide the belly tank fill pipe, can hardly tell it is there, need to do the other side next.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 29th December 2019 at 02:38 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th December 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thats a really smart looking rig Mark, have a safe trip, hopefully free of too much 'steam'.
    Thanks Phil.

Yeah she'll boil over without a doubt. Unless the weather decides to cool down. But Im out of ideas on the hows and why's of the kettle so I just drive it now.

I just need to figure out why the light bar has decided to constantly blow fuses now. Never did for 4 years. Now it will blow a fuse within minutes.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent the morning mounting the interchiller surge tank and pump, Final solution was simple enough but getting there was a pain. I will post the photos tomorrow - car back in the garage, was heading over to pay @MB a visit but the pool won out in the end - its a bit warm right now in Melb SE. Resuming with the wiring in the morning. On the hunt for the elusive a/c compressor clutch supply cable - seems to have evaporated under the bonnet - very annoying - hope it didn't get 'purged' last week.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (30th December 2019), mudski (29th December 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Somewhat farked a brand new ARB bearing journal :-(

In my christmas holidays wisdom thought a 47mm socket punch could do the home press jobbie but found reckon she might squirt guppy farts even after a solid hours hand 200/400/600 linishing wanker attempts to rectify idiot scratches :-(

Get some Devcon steel putty. Fill that tiny pit in and sand it back and you wont even know its there. Or. Install a speedie sleeve and all you'll need to do it drill a hole where the air port is in the journal.
    Last edited by mudski; 29th December 2019 at 10:43 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (30th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,216 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Mark Mate!
    PeeBee Legend has kindly brought some 1/4” NPT taps around this morning for airline housing work and we’ve assessed that previous MB idiot damage will hopefully be ok with a wee bit more linishing dodgey hills shed style.
    Off Forum too Mr Daz Legend and I kindly also discussed a worst case scenario of it simply running the compressor more often and or if a complete blowout back to a single spinner diff same same as her current OEM front differential.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (30th December 2019)

Page 928 of 1045 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189269279289299309389781028 ... LastLast