OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 755 of 755 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755
Results 7,541 to 7,547 of 7547

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent a solid 8 hours plus working on the brackets for the mirrors , I'm about one quarter of the way there have made up both plates left and right and started on the mirror tension holder which is where all the work is .
    Decided not to do aluminium due to shitty casting and worried about tension cracks when under stress such as corrigations etc , so all made from steel , new glasses and welding helmet have me doing some decent welds again .
    I will take photos of all the bits and pieces before they are all welded together for anyone interested in putting them on a GQ in the future .
    Other thing I had to workout was the wiring my mirrors have three wires the new ones have seven , but have worked out what they all are and can't wait till I get to the wiring up stage .
    After I've finished both original GQ electric mirrors will be sold .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept plodding away finishing the rear storage off. Today I installed a couple of digital temp controllers for my engels. I use two engel eclipse 38 litre fridges that use the old style engel dial. These controllers make it easy to set and maintain whatever temp I want and I can easily see what each fridge is currently doing. The display will begin flashing if the fridge is out of my set temp range, this alerts me to any problems pretty quickly. I turn the fridge dials up to the highest setting and these units switch the power off and on to the engel sockets. They keep the temp within 2 degrees of my set temp, this takes the guess work out of where to set the dial and is a good work around for the old style pre-digital dials.

Plenty of people told me it would bugger the fridge as they aren't designed to switch on and off etc. I've been running this system for 3 years in my Pajero and glad to report it all worked brilliantly, so I transferred it over to the Patrol. I also installed a low coolant alarm and a bluetooth dongle for the Victron BMV-702, this sends my battery data straight to my phone where i can set alerts etc.

Last edited by stevemc181; 22nd April 2017 at 11:55 PM.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade | Factory Bar/Winch/Roofrack/Towbar | 285/70/17 Mickey T ATZ P3's |3" Manta Exhaust System | Torque Converter Lock Up | Sandgrabber Mats | Rear Door Diner | ORS Drawers | LifePo4 Dual Battery

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (23rd April 2017)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally I have tacked together a trial on the drivers side mirror , tension of spring is about right , angles seem ok , but have to remake the saddle , although it fits ok the mirror won't fold completely front back if you hit something .
    I missed the slots needed so will remake the saddle with the slots needed , hopefully I should be done tomorrow.
    Probably not a lot of GQ's around with these baby's .

IMG_7369.JPGIMG_7371.JPGIMG_7372.JPGIMG_7374.JPG

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Finally I have tacked together a trial on the drivers side mirror , tension of spring is about right , angles seem ok , but have to remake the saddle , although it fits ok the mirror won't fold completely front back if you hit something .
    I missed the slots needed so will remake the saddle with the slots needed , hopefully I should be done tomorrow.
    Probably not a lot of GQ's around with these baby's .

The pics are all upside down? Looking good though!
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade | Factory Bar/Winch/Roofrack/Towbar | 285/70/17 Mickey T ATZ P3's |3" Manta Exhaust System | Torque Converter Lock Up | Sandgrabber Mats | Rear Door Diner | ORS Drawers | LifePo4 Dual Battery

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Microsoft ! Be a hipster and get an iPad .

Yes I like the look of them too , Clearview don't make mirrors for the GQ so I had no option but I wish I knew how much of a prick of a job it was going to be , cost in materials so far without the mirrors is $2 yes just two bucks .
    I was lucky at the steel joint and they basically gave the stuff to me .
    I did buy a new welding helmet , a couple of cut of wheels and my 32 mm hole saw had vanished so had to get another one so it's not too bad cost wise .
    If anyone is ever thinking of doing this you will need access to a drill press and metal cutoff saw along with a welder and lots of patience .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally sorted out the whine from the belts.

Changed the alternator belt for a new Gates brand belt, when I compared the two the old one was thicker with deeper teeth, must have been that, coz new belt and no noise at all.
    93 GQ wagon, RB30, extractors, 2 inch tough dog lift, 5 spd, A/T KO2 32's, steel winch bar, rated recovery points, red arc dual battery set up, rhino roof racks, UHF etc etc. Slow and steady might not win the race but it gets me there eventually...

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right mirror in and wired up , left mirror on for trial fit and looks ok , bit more of an angle than test for some reason but happy enough to weld it up tomorrow and clean it up with the flap disk and paint it so should be all done tomorrow and have the door skins back in .
    I have rerouted the wires in the mirror on the right side so they come out of the bottom arm and that's a shit of a job but will do the same with the left one because it's a neater look .
    IMG_7384.JPGIMG_7382.JPGIMG_7381.JPGIMG_7385.JPG

Page 755 of 755 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755