OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I run a hyd winch on the front and a warn 15000lb on the rear via a big 200a/h battery, so the second unit is set up to pump the juice into the winch, plus my coffee machine! I run the driving light circuit off it as well as the LED bars run at 30V. The alternator supplied as standard with the Chev conversion is rated at 100a, and it struggles with voltage supply also - constant winge to brunswick diesels hasn't fixed the issue, so i went the second unit as it means I don't need to upgrade wiring for the existing circuits as well.

There is a 170a unit avail, @MB has one fitted and it works well, but still requires some mods to fit. Lastly it also gives me some redundancy if one alternator fails - and yes it has happened to me on a trip, middle of winter, back of Omeo and miles from nowhere, very uncomfortable feeling, especially when some of the drive home would be in the dark.
    Like the redundancy idea , the one in the GQ went at pineapple flat , driving home it got dark and car was starting to slow down as volts dropped off , lucky I had a good dual battery but only just made it home .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (5th November 2017)