OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 850 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 10454

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    New set of wheel nuts all round, pulled the dash apart to get to the back of the radio. reception is fine in the metro area, then absolutely crap by the time I get 25k down the road. Found the antenna cable pulled out of the rear - no doubt I have managed to do that at some point when pushing cables around, so in it went. Still crackly on AM and does not pick up many channels, unsure what the problem is now. Also found the recently installed clock plug could be seated further in, so keen to see if that fixes the intermittent glow or not.
    Good to see your resting that big toe of yours Phil, guess you are laying down on the floor with your foot up on the driver seat which is good.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Good to see your resting that big toe of yours Phil, guess you are laying down on the floor with your foot up on the driver seat which is good.
    No rest for me! I am up and down ladders all day plugging cracks in the plaster and then prepping for painting. The truck is a sneaky activity when the wife goes to work! Looking at doing the front diff brace tomorrow morning and some other stuff on thursday.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No rest for me! I am up and down ladders all day plugging cracks in the plaster and then prepping for painting. The truck is a sneaky activity when the wife goes to work! Looking at doing the front diff brace tomorrow morning and some other stuff on thursday.
    Do understand, I started building my house in 2003 and still happening (my stairway to heaven), the car mods and stuff are doing just fine. Haha but seriously now, just have to reallocate priorities too many diverse interests.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I am in recovery mode after my operation last week and no heavy lifting >5kg per arm(6wks), Going to colour match the IC scoop tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (18th July 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When your done their Phil, come to my place mate. A house built in 73', had not been touched since, including the entire 1800sq/m of land. Plenty to do. But I love it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (19th July 2018), Rossco (19th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the patrol a new double din radio that should hook up to the reverse camera nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (20th July 2018), mudski (19th July 2018), Rossco (19th July 2018), Wackyrider (20th July 2018), Yeti's Beast (19th July 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swapped the order of the sneaky stuff today, rewired my fuel system heaters on main, second, remote strainer and final filter, so finger crossed won't have the gelling issues like last year when camped in the snow. Brace goes in Saturday now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (20th July 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, I think I need to do some reading on this. Right now I have a front brake bias, which results in a noticeable dip when braking moderately hard. Before the twin caliper upgrade the vehicle stayed flat but braked very poorly, due to the excessive weight. I dont know if I will actually get a better brake effect if the rears get higher pressure or they will simply lock up. I guess I am trying to hit some defined dimension in the manual that has the spring length at between 208 and 220mm. Mine sits at 196mm. If the arm is forced against the spring stopper screw, that is factory set, the most I get is a spring length of 200mm. What is the extra 8mm - 20mm going to do for me, or isn't it important? I cannot tell if the plunger in the proportional valve is even moving, so have to remove it I think. Even if it is moving, there is approx 5mm of free movement avail on the spring before it hits the stopper screw.
    @mudski, I purchased a s/h compensator valve today and it feels entirely different to the one on the vehicle. The 'new one' travels full stroke to the factory set bolt head, and springs back to the bolt head when depressed - i am thinking mine is gunked or or something as it stops 5mm away from the bolt head, although it can be pulled back to the bolt head, but then springs back and away from it. Anyway, going to swap it over and see if there is any difference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (21st July 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @mudski, I purchased a s/h compensator valve today and it feels entirely different to the one on the vehicle. The 'new one' travels full stroke to the factory set bolt head, and springs back to the bolt head when depressed - i am thinking mine is gunked or or something as it stops 5mm away from the bolt head, although it can be pulled back to the bolt head, but then springs back and away from it. Anyway, going to swap it over and see if there is any difference.
    Yeah quite possible your is stuffed if thats the case. Be interesting to see the difference once fitted.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Colour matched (Base & clear coat), new JT cooler scoop, now a bit of compound then done. Waiting on JT cooler as had some extra boost port welded in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted LED h4 globes a couple of weeks ago. Finished doing LED indicator and park lights today to match it all in.
    Replaced stock flasher unit with Narva one so no hyper flashing.
    All working great. Happy with the outcome. Now to sort out the back end.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (22nd July 2018)

Page 850 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast