OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 462 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 10488

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    And ........... first impressions?

And what did your fitting cost?

I’m picking up my Redarc gauges tomorrow, so can now finally book in the car to get the exhaust fitted. (Waited so the exhaust fitting place can put the pyro sensor in at the same time).
    First impression is notably more power and the boost comes up quickly, much nicer to drive.

Installation cost was higher than i thought it would be at over $400, they had to replace the studs on the turbo.
    I rang a few places and they all charged the same hourly rate and would not give a fixed price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    First impression is notably more power and the boost comes up quickly, much nicer to drive.
    Good to hear, I’m looking forward to getting mine fitted.
    Just picked up these babies this morning. (Now I just gotta suss out how to wire them up!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Installation cost was higher than i thought it would be at over $400, they had to replace the studs on the turbo.
    I rang a few places and they all charged the same hourly rate and would not give a fixed price.
    If you have gauges fitted have you noticed lower EGT's or faster spool up
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    If you have gauges fitted have you noticed lower EGT's or faster spool up
    Have not wired up the Pyro yet, will do it this weekend but never had it on old exhaust so can't compare.
    Definitely noticed the faster spool up.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just booked in for Saturday morning to get mine fitted. On the phone they reckoned $240 “plus a bit extra if the turbo studs are a problem". I started to tell him how Genie say to re-use the turbo to dump pipe gasket & he was already across that which gave me a bit of confidence in them. I feel a bit like a kid the night before Christmas.

Did you have the exhaust joint fit the Pyro sensor or are you going to do it yourself?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally got the 4.33 diff gears and pinions in and wired the blackvue to permanent power so it recirds all the time when moving or on a movement sensor when parked, the diff gears make it easier to take of and for cornering you dont need to change back down a gear, now i just need to get it down the beach for a workout. Also changed a tie rod end that was giving a slight wobble in the steering.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New radiator, water pump casing thingy............don't know what else, been at my mechanics for 2 days so far getting ready for my trip
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Stropp (5th February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I just booked in for Saturday morning to get mine fitted. On the phone they reckoned $240 “plus a bit extra if the turbo studs are a problem". I started to tell him how Genie say to re-use the turbo to dump pipe gasket & he was already across that which gave me a bit of confidence in them. I feel a bit like a kid the night before Christmas.

Did you have the exhaust joint fit the Pyro sensor or are you going to do it yourself?
    I had them fit the Pyro sensor and tie up the cable for me to wire up.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I got my trailer plug socket replaced as I ripped off the lid, the aux battery replaced under warranty, as it failed again.
    I got a rattle in the rear barn door fixed, they found a loose bolt that needed tightening.
    Also have my 90k service getting done today.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Built a set of draws for the back with a slide out table, added USB, 2 x 12V & Anderson plug for fridge. Still to come fridge drop slide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 462 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast