OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 912 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029109119129139149229621012 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Tried fixing these bloody HID headlights last night but no joy.

The RHS light is gone and the LHS sometimes works. Originally it was the relay that popped so put a new one but no joy.

I can't see any visual damage of wires and tried earthing to battery and still no luck.

I am actually now thinking it might be a low quality ballast but thats about where my electrical skills stop.

Tempted to just go back to the original OEM lights as I was driving home at night the other week and both lights went out which made for an interesting drive flicking on the light bar when there were no cars.
    I have heaps of hid lights and ballasts if you need them
    try swapping balast over, might get a different response
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had consistent eng light / limp mode after 5 secs of taking off - not overboost as it wasn’t going over 16psi , but i checked all boost hoses & clamps anyway , tried 3 other MAFs off other vehicles that were running fine but still same problem , fitted brand new genuine MAF but no change , disconnected MAP sensor thinking it may have been playing up & falsly giving overboost reading causing limp mode - no change , i thought tank breather may have been blocked & creating a vacuum in the tank so when it happened i pulled up & opened the fuel cap but no air / suction was evident - fitted a better tank breather anyway because the standard set up is a joke . I’d had this issue years ago when i bought it & turned out to be a blockage in the filter housing so i’d replaced but thought it might’ve happened again so i bypassed the filter & plumbed the fuel line direct into the injector pump - not ideal i know but i was getting desperate - but no change. i’d fitted a carter lift pump & all new fuel lines & clamps a few weeks ago ( issue was there prior to this ) so didn’t think there was an issue there , anyway i plumbed it back through the filter housing & put a bit of clear hose from the filter to the injector pump & WALAA !!! air bubbles in the fuel . Now as the problem was there prior to replacing all fuel lines i hadn’t thought the problem was there until i saw the air in the clear hose . Anyway i removed all the new lines & wiped clean all the barbed fittings with a rag then refitted them all & NO MORE AIR BUBBLES !!! , anyway the eng light / limp was still there 😤😤😤 , i loosened the bolt on the return line & ran the lift pump for a few mins to bleed any air out , went for a drive & 5 secs on came eng light & limp mode 😤😤😤 anyway i drive it around & turned it off then started it & drove around again about 3 or 4 times & bugger me it came good . un f@#kn believable. i’ve done about 200kms today since & touch wood no dramas yet . So at this stage i’m assuming there was air getting in the fuel somewhere & after i replaced the fuel lines thought it mustn’t have been that & was resigned to the fact the IP must be rooted but after i did everything else i put the clear line on it showed that was the problem . how’s that for a mini series explanation.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Bidja (3rd August 2019), MB (2nd August 2019), mudnut (3rd August 2019), mudski (3rd August 2019), Rossco (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after i typed all that it said ‘ post quick reply’ which didn’t seem appropriate but there wasn’t a ‘post long winded description ‘ button haha

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

Avo (3rd August 2019), MB (2nd August 2019), Mc4by (3rd August 2019), Rossco (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bidja please mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frustrating stuff mate! Had the worlds tinniest fuel filter hole years back on a TD42 that only sucked in at T intersection idles after hot highway long flogging stretches. Took a dusty dribble spot to find that prick :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had the battery spew acid all over the tray, body and chassis. Washed it all down 3 times with hot water and bicarb to get it all neutralized . Scraped all the crud off and sprayed fish oil on the affected areas. I spoke to the paint professionals, and they recommended getting it all paint stripped and sand blasted, but it will have to wait until funds permit.

I am pretty confident the fish oil will be OK as I cleaned and sprayed some on the tray in the first couple of weeks of getting the vehicle back in 2012. It was still in pretty good nick after all that time.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig, don't worry about it a further second. You have aggressively diluted, then neutralised and finally sealed the active surface from oxidation. You will be OK, Don't go the blast and repaint, simply not needed. Once the fish oil has dried up, a good undercoat then top coats - all good. I work in a heavy industrial acid plant and know a bit about corrosion and protection.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (3rd August 2019), Plasnart (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Tried fixing these bloody HID headlights last night but no joy.

The RHS light is gone and the LHS sometimes works. Originally it was the relay that popped so put a new one but no joy.

I can't see any visual damage of wires and tried earthing to battery and still no luck.

I am actually now thinking it might be a low quality ballast but thats about where my electrical skills stop.

Tempted to just go back to the original OEM lights as I was driving home at night the other week and both lights went out which made for an interesting drive flicking on the light bar when there were no cars.
    Have you thought about using candles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    after i typed all that it said ‘ post quick reply’ which didn’t seem appropriate but there wasn’t a ‘post long winded description ‘ button haha
    Bwhaaaa you ijiot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reconnected the rear anti sway bar and stiffened up the front shocks. Doesn't feel like a boat in a high sea anymore :-)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (5th August 2019), mudnut (5th August 2019), Rossco (5th August 2019)

Page 912 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029109119129139149229621012 ... LastLast