OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 975 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659739749759769779851025 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 10452

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown89 View Post
    Today, I picked up and fitted a Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, and over the past few weeks I have fitted a genuine steel winch bar, rated recovery points to the front, make and installed a table for the rear door, fiited LED lights over the table and into the awning, and last but not least fitted a rear work light.
    Sounds like you are making short work of it. Do you have any pics to share?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Decided to start on the installation of the Boss rear Coil brackets after work stalled today. launched into the drivers side at 11am, crawled out at 3pm, what a fiddly job it turned into. There are two bots that need to be undone that hold the brake lines I am guessing, so the 4 mounting bolts can be installed in the top plate. On the garage floor, could not get the nuts undone, so drilled them out. Found I actually had a 50mm coil spacer on top of the 300kg Dobinson coil - forgot it was there, so out that came as well as a Firestone 'in coil' airbag.

All back together on drivers side, sitting down a fair way, have not inflated the BOSS triple airbags yet but think a trip down to Dobinsons in Dandenong in the new year to get another set of rear coils, heavier and longer. Tomorrow i plan to do the pass side as its supposed to be a lot easier than the drivers side. Beautiful simple bracket, well presented kit and instructions including the engineering certificate, happy days.

Bonnet still sitting there waiting for my attention - maybe after Xmas.
    I shoulda gone the Boss kit. They're a helluva lot easier to install than the Superior kit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (23rd December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the beginning of a GQ Grandpa Spec ute build/bought up to gnarlier tracks worthiness and currently scratching my head where best to lazy situate all rocker switches pilfered off the soon to be GU daily comfier ute tourer again
    Found this beaut aluminium extrusion originally family built for a 240v application and after a quick docking fits the old GQ flat dash perfectly

Carling switches off the GU will work well too by the dozen I believe/hope

Before I start on this next wacky adventure can anyone kindly please guide me as to whether they believe the summer time parked up windscreen heat might cause an issue on the switches possibly....hopefully not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (17th January 2021), Mickhead (17th January 2021), Stropp (18th January 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issue @MB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (17th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Philstar, Appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody nice Markie, think it's time Grampa Gold got his own build thread lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Avo (17th January 2021), MB (17th January 2021), MudRunnerTD (17th January 2021), Plasnart (17th January 2021), rusty_nail (17th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Decided to start on the installation of the Boss rear Coil brackets after work stalled today. launched into the drivers side at 11am, crawled out at 3pm, what a fiddly job it turned into. There are two bots that need to be undone that hold the brake lines I am guessing, so the 4 mounting bolts can be installed in the top plate. On the garage floor, could not get the nuts undone, so drilled them out. Found I actually had a 50mm coil spacer on top of the 300kg Dobinson coil - forgot it was there, so out that came as well as a Firestone 'in coil' airbag.

All back together on drivers side, sitting down a fair way, have not inflated the BOSS triple airbags yet but think a trip down to Dobinsons in Dandenong in the new year to get another set of rear coils, heavier and longer. Tomorrow i plan to do the pass side as its supposed to be a lot easier than the drivers side. Beautiful simple bracket, well presented kit and instructions including the engineering certificate, happy days.

Bonnet still sitting there waiting for my attention - maybe after Xmas.
    The drivers side was a bustard. Passenger side was easier. Add to that that my Drivers Side had a 4" tear that I had to deal with. Was a mongrel.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (18th January 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The drivers side was a bustard. Passenger side was easier. Add to that that my Drivers Side had a 4" tear that I had to deal with. Was a mongrel.
    Darren, agree, I was totally over it doing this on the ground. When the guys at Dobinsons dropped the old coils out they found the passenger side top hat screws had rattled loose, yet the drivers which was the pig were tight as. Anyway, would have been heaps easier with a hoist for sure, but its now done and won't be going near it ever again!! Luckily I only had very very minor spring seat deformation and I handled that by linishing off the BOSS steel work a little bit in a couple of spots and it sat perfectly.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th January 2021), MudRunnerTD (17th January 2021), Stropp (18th January 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

So I’ve been chasing a rattle that resonates from under my feet. Can here here quite loudly from outside when on dirt roads and even sometimes when I go over those small reflectors on the blacktop.
    Got under today with a rubber mallet and tapped on the radius arm and the sound is from the drop box.
    Pulled it all apart and found the metal stepped bush that goes into the chassis, then a bolt goes right through the lot, is quite lose in the chassis.
    IMG_3910.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg

You can see the wear mark on the bush....

I found the small end of the bush is also ever so slightly longer so the washer and nut that holds it in wouldn’t be holding tight enough too.
    I rang the 4wd shed to see if I can get a new bush and they don’t think I can. They are ringing Roadsafe to see if this is the case though.

If not I’ll have to weld the bush in....

Last edited by mudski; 19th January 2021 at 10:28 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

10G (19th January 2021), MB (20th January 2021), mudnut (19th January 2021), Stropp (19th January 2021)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Roadsafe wont sell a new bush. So I grinded about 1mm off the small end of the bush, cleaned it all up and where the bush goes in, smeared the bush in a metal filler putty. Fitted the bush and mig welded it in so it won't move. Put it all back together and its quiet as a mouse now.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (20th January 2021), mudnut (19th January 2021), Rossco (21st January 2021), Stropp (19th January 2021)

Page 975 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659739749759769779851025 ... LastLast