Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Using Coopers?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my Cooper ST's for a while now, and put 40,000 km's on them. They are wearing great (about another 30,000 km's left on them) and for an all-terrain they are pretty good. When these wear out I'll be looking at STT's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.2 shorty View Post
    I heard recently that Coopers were in legal battles because their rubber is dodgey lately. Anyone else heard this?

For the amount of money you have to shell out for them, I'd much rather get a set of Maxxis. They are a fair bit cheaper and they rate pretty well for the price according to some mags I've read. I think 4wd action did a write up on some Maxxis not long ago.
    For what it's worth people I know are getting good results from Maxxis both on road and off. For the price against everything else available thet very good value. I am speaking of A/T normal 70%road use 30% off road to 50/50 of each. Standard type size nothing outragous like huge muddys etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running 35" Cooper STTs in my GU and , they are 15.000 Kmts old now and they still look like new (mostly long range travel fully loaded and trailering too) , really I'd say 1 or 2 mm down from a new unit ... my GU is not a DD so I expect a long life for them. Nice tires not too noisy for an MT style tire.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a report I found on the US Magazine 4 Wheel & Off road

JP
    '00 Nissan Patrol GU (Y61) 4.5L
    "It's not about the Destination, it's about the Journey"
    http://sites.google.com/site/jpsnissangupatrol/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ATR`s and I am very happy with them. Great in wet weather and vehicle handling is excellent on the bitumen. Offroad driving especially in sand is excellent a good all rounder. I suppose it is personal preference in the end and price.
    TB45E, 2000 Wagon - 2" lift kit, extractors 2.5 inch exhaust system, winch, bullbar, dual batteries, duel fuel, duel rear wheel carrier, 33 inch tyres, side steps,full aluminium roof rack.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizzo View Post
    Good question, I don't know the full story myself either but from ive heard they wernt an "illegal import" they are Coopers, they are stamped. They just bought in a soft compund that wasn't to Aus standards and some series of their tyres just could'nt handle it and lugs tore off and wore down quick.

Don't quote me but thats what I head.

If anyone else knows more then please let us know???
    About 6 months ago we had Brad from Cooper tyres attend one of our QNPC meetings to talk about tyres, and what he told us is what Nizzo has written. The dodgy tyres were not imported or distributed by Cooper tyres Australia, as they did not meet Australian standards. Cooper tyres Aust. is now copping a lot of stick because someone else imported these tyres with inferior ratings that are not standing up to Australian conditions.
    If you want the good Cooper tyres, you must get them from one of the Cooper approved outlets listed on their Australian website.

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just done 40000kms with my STs and they are about 50% worn. I have not had any problems with them at all. I make sure you run the correct tyre pressures, rotate and balance regularly and all is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I bought the 2007 GU I got the dealer to put ST's on, they were a great tyre but did not quite have enough grip for me so I got some STT's, the only thing I did not like is that I was taking chucks out of them (probably due to my driving style).
    One thing that I did notice was that the STT's were quieter than the ST's.
    The Q is running BFG mud/terrain at the moment, when they wear out will probably go back to the STTs.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of 35" cooper stt's on my gu & theyve done 9000klms & there shagged. very dissapointed in them & they also were really hard to balance

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fitted 15 inch Copper STs to a Toyota 4Runner about 3 years ago and they have done well over 100,000Km - 70/30 on road driving. But they were hopeless in mud. In anything that looked like mud they clogged and quickly became like racing slicks. So, I looked around at what was available and decided on Maxxis 11.5 x 15 mud tyre for the Patrol - done about 25,000 Km now and they are wearing OK, good in mud and surprisingly (to me) hang on well on wet and dry bitumen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast