OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clogged key locks... How to clean?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CRC contact cleaner is the go for this squirt it in and it takes out all the crap and then evaporates.Just remember to lubricate afterwards as there will be no oil at all left inside. Are you sure that the locks aren't deliberately blocked so that douchebags didn't lock the bloody thing by accident?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have managed to clear the blockage from one of the lock/barrels - on the front passenger's door.

Key now slides all the way in.
    It turns the lock just millimetres (counterclockwise).

Will follow up a post from Robo in another thread re removing the door trim and lubricating the rods & bits inside the door - and manually inducing all the bits to begin moving.

And I expect to have to do this for all 3x door locks and 5x doors (with central locking)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Does the key shape fit that of the little seal on the lock? As in, can you push the little flap open with the key and then it goes no further?

If not, then the key is not for the locks - if so, then they could well be full of crud, but would find that odd for all five of them ...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a can of CRC - but have not tried. Will go with a can of compressed air initially.

I am not aware of the specific history of the vehicle - as I brought it from a dealer (who may have picked it up from the mine or at an auction). Dealer did not mention the specific issues - but was quite open about it having been used by a mining company. Was not till I picked up the keys that I noticed the tag was for a coal mine up the Hunter Valley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12