Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gu hidden glovebox

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gu hidden glovebox

My son started my hidden glove box this afternoon thought id post some pics think hes doing a great job plan is to fit in some sockets for power and also put an inverter in there basicly hes got a frree reign to do it how he suits him will post finished pics when he is done
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patrol2.8 For This Useful Post:

AB (20th January 2012), DX grunt (21st January 2012), Muttley (8th July 2013), threedogs (30th June 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seen this done a few times, quite s nifty idea. Just as long as you don't have the model with airbags! A nice bit of carpet for lining to stop everything getting scratched. Use a strong magnetic latch to close it and it is definitely a hidden box:-)
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Seen this done a few times, quite s nifty idea. Just as long as you don't have the model with airbags! A nice bit of carpet for lining to stop everything getting scratched. Use a strong magnetic latch to close it and it is definitely a hidden box:-)
    Love the idea. and I'll be watching the build up.

No airbag, leckie windows or pop up aerial probs with my DX ute, either. lol

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will keep updated on how it goes thinking of recessing the bottom as theres enough room to go a bit deeper(will then have a secret part to hide wallet etc when at the beach etc) it all deppends on if we can actually fit it in through the opening in the dash
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol2.8 View Post
    will keep updated on how it goes thinking of recessing the bottom as theres enough room to go a bit deeper(will then have a secret part to hide wallet etc when at the beach etc) it all deppends on if we can actually fit it in through the opening in the dash

It's not secret anymore! Hahaha
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah was thinking that as i wrote it but hey what can you do hehehehehe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update the actual cuting and welding finished painted the under side and as you see in the pics my son has added a bracket to hold the inverter in place all i have to do now is put in a couple of outlets for power and sort the best way to put the front cover on then carpet and install.
    Can anyone tell me how hot an inverter gets in use should i paint that area or will carpet be ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That inverter looks to be about an 80or 100 watt, as long as the limit isn't exceeded it should be ok and the air space at the bottom of it will have to be kept clear, that being said it is right under the dash which gets bloody hot on warm days in the sun, just keep an eye on it from time to time.
    I would paint only for rust protection and I would carpet it aswell(to protect phones gps etc.), great idea, excellent job, looks good.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ilovebeer think my sons doing a good job the inverter is rated at 150 watts and will most likley never be used i originaly bought it to power the laptop but have since found a bettter way to do it so is only really there as just in case its got a usb port as well so probably ok for charging a phone just need to decide how im going to mount the lid and finish off with carpet

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a awesome idea,
    like ya work

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast