Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saTyx and the GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saTyx and the GU

Ok guys i thought i would start a bit of a build up and ongoing thread for my patrol. Somewhere to ask questions and ideas, as well as show off my mods. I would like to hear feedback on everything as im learning and am always keen to know more.

First up the patrol (whom my partner is calling Penny) on day one.... hours after paying for her.

2005 GU 3.0L ST
    Cooper tyres, Alloy B'Bar, Safari Snorkel, 3" Exhaust, Rhino Racks, Dual Batt, NADS
    and a very big wishlist in the glove box...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Clunk (24th January 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a few weeks passed and the money built up again..... on went a safari snorkel. Very happy with this. Makes the patrol look a little tougher and more off-roadish.

2005 GU 3.0L ST
    Cooper tyres, Alloy B'Bar, Safari Snorkel, 3" Exhaust, Rhino Racks, Dual Batt, NADS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas came and i worked, but working brought me bonus time and public holiday pay...... so next mods were Dual battery and 3" exhaust.

Exhaust Before

Exhaust After
    2005 GU 3.0L ST

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th January 2012), wildgu6 (23rd January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dual battery Install. I purchased a 150amp projecta system to monitor my batteries, as i got it cheap through work. Seems to do the trick for the moment, but i dont like the positive fuse box on top of the battery. I would like to re do that section again and possibly tidy some of the wiring up a bit too. Not that best pictures of the install. I did the dual batt wiring at night so no photo's of that but we did get a chance to take a few pics of us running a dedicated line to the rear 12v plug. Future plans will see this run to a switch board once we make up som custom drawers, so i can run fridge, lights and an inverter.

Install Mounting bracket on pass wheel arch

Install Tray

Fit battery and projector isolation kit

Run wiring through firewall and into cabin then under door kick panels

Finally into the rear pass boot panels. Here we found the attempts of the previous owners wiring, relays and all. Tracing it we found it lead under the car and to some disused lights under the rear bar. Which i had broken on a trip some time ago. So we took the time to rip the bulk of it out. wasnt sure what to do with the relay though so left it for the time being.

Wired up 12v socket

All wired up at the battery. Checked with the multimeter- and no loss to the back. Just what we wanted.
    Last edited by satyx; 19th January 2012 at 12:21 AM.
    2005 GU 3.0L ST

9. The Following User Says Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lastly an addition i finaly put on the other day. The nissan patrol.com.au sticker i received from Snicko ( big thank you Snicko). I think it looks great and add a bit of personality to the car. You can just make out the new rhino racks on the roof too. Another addition i have made. Though i do have questions on the mounting on the gutter, which i will go into later.

Also something to keep an eye on. Saw this in my local tyre shop. Customer came in with a spanner wedged into the tyre. The tyre tech said he had never seen anything like it in 12 years. I thought it was pretty cool.

2005 GU 3.0L ST

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Ade (17th April 2012), Clunk (20th January 2012), rusty_nail (23rd January 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, always good to see someone build up there 4by what other mods have you got planned?
    Cheer Hunty

Gu 4.2TD Wagon Tourer with the goods :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming along nicely there mate
    I've been using those same fuse boxes for the last few years now, have found them excellent. Mine have bounced all the way up to the Cape & back & have not had so much as 1 blown fuse since I've been using them
    He who laughs last, also thinks the slowest!!

01 'Trol Wagon Tourer
    90 Nav Toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Major mods planned for this year are: rear drawers and cargo barrier, rear bar, steel bull bar, side steps, new spring and shock package, hot water and lighting. Setting it up as a camping getaway/daily driver so im not going to go too crazy just yet. just work on what needs to be done to make our trips away better, safer, easier and more fun. My other half saw a few posts on here about putting bulbs in the upper tail lights. so a quick visit to ebay and presto we have working upper taillights. Not the best picture as it was taken on my phone but you get the idea.

2005 GU 3.0L ST

15. The Following User Says Thank You to satyx For This Useful Post:

Clunk (24th January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin good buddy, nice work and great pics, Coming along very nice.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all, i have just finished fitting up my boost and pyro guages. Unfortunately i have 2 concerns. First the yobbo who installed the exhaust placed the temp probe about 3 inches from the bottom of the dump pipe. I suspect this is what he could reach from under a hoist. As it is further from the turbo i know my temps are going to be lower then most posted figures, but by how much? Today it seemed to hover around 200c cruising around town at 60kph.

2nd my boost guage, under normal driving climbs to 7psi and stalls. If i rev it a little it will slowly climb higher but i have to hold the revs for some time to make it move. During my tune after the exhaust i had boost set to 15psi so shouldnt the boost climb evenly with revs up to this point. The dyno chat i got from the tuners showed a nice smooth power and torque curve. It could be leaking at the guage as i need to retighten the nuts on the line, could this be the reason it stalls at 7psi or have i stuffed something else up during the install?

Any help would be much appreciated. Here is a pic of the finished product.

2005 GU 3.0L ST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast