User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saTyx and the GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick pic of the patrol over the Easter weekend after a bit of mud bashing. I had a great time.... so did the misses.

2005 GU 3.0L ST
    Cooper tyres, Alloy B'Bar, Safari Snorkel, 3" Exhaust, Rhino Racks, Dual Batt, NADS
    and a very big wishlist in the glove box...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming together nicely. Well done.

I installed a boost gauge once and had had issues with it doing weird stuff like that. I think off memory I stuffed something up in the install with the hose into the gauge. Can't remember what I did but it was either over tightened or under tightened, could have been the amount of hose past the olive? ? ? Sorry, getting old!
    GU IV 2006 4.2 TDi wagon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's how a patrol should look, covered in mud
    I also have a missus that is addicted to mud, whether it's on the motorbikes or the patrol if there's mud around she'll find it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satyx View Post
    hey all, i have just finished fitting up my boost and pyro guages. Unfortunately i have 2 concerns. First the yobbo who installed the exhaust placed the temp probe about 3 inches from the bottom of the dump pipe. I suspect this is what he could reach from under a hoist. As it is further from the turbo i know my temps are going to be lower then most posted figures, but by how much? Today it seemed to hover around 200c cruising around town at 60kph.

2nd my boost guage, under normal driving climbs to 7psi and stalls. If i rev it a little it will slowly climb higher but i have to hold the revs for some time to make it move. During my tune after the exhaust i had boost set to 15psi so shouldnt the boost climb evenly with revs up to this point. The dyno chat i got from the tuners showed a nice smooth power and torque curve. It could be leaking at the guage as i need to retighten the nuts on the line, could this be the reason it stalls at 7psi or have i stuffed something else up during the install?

Any help would be much appreciated. Here is a pic of the finished product.

Great looking truck mate, I've enjoyed following the build up.

People's EGTs will differ a fair bit due to a number of different factors but mine driving around town were around 350-400 deg.....until I had a whole heap of gunk cleaned out from the throttle body and intercooler pipes which lowered the temps by 30-50 deg! haha can't wait to see what will happen when the inlet manifold is cleaned out...

So I guess it doesn't really matter what temps you see on the gauge, drive it and monitor it in different conditions and you'll know what's normal and will be quick to pick up on any fluctuations or abnormally high readings which may indicate a problem. But I would say yours might be 100-150 deg lower than if the probe was closer. Your exhaust upgrade and NADS will have lowered it too, so it might not be too far off 50-100 deg who knows??

Has the boost gauge sorted itself out yet or are you still having problems? Sounds like maybe a installation problem, might be best to check EVERY connection for leaks etc

Keep the pics coming

Cheers,
    Rusty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12