Thread: ARB Battery Tray 2.8l GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB Battery Tray 2.8l GU

Hi all,

Would like to know the dimensions of the batteries, or what model batteries people have put in their ARB battery tray for a dual system, i've emailed the ARB guys local to me, and their no help.

The pirahna tray is nearly twice as much as an ARB one, are their any other models out there.

Cheers,
    Shaun...
    1998 GU - RD28t > TJM Bull Bar > Dual Batteries > Boost & EGT Gauges > Turbo Timer > Minor Engine Mod's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look in supercheap they have a couple of different sizes cant remember how much
    but would be cheaper than other brands
    anyways it worked for me

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fitted the ARB tray to my 2.8 and put a deep cycle from super ripoff, think its a Century, the only issur I had was that the securing bolts for the bracket over the top were a little short. After a cut and weld with some bolts from Bunnings, all was good.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2011 View Post
    I fitted the ARB tray to my 2.8 and put a deep cycle from super ripoff, think its a Century, the only issur I had was that the securing bolts for the bracket over the top were a little short. After a cut and weld with some bolts from Bunnings, all was good.
    Hi Mate,
    You dont have the model of that battery do you, so i can find the dimensions of it. The Local ARB wont order one in for me to measure unless i pay for it, and i dont want to pay for it if it's not going to hold the battery i want when the Pirahna one does.

Cheers,
    Shaun...
    1998 GU - RD28t > TJM Bull Bar > Dual Batteries > Boost & EGT Gauges > Turbo Timer > Minor Engine Mod's.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to return a battery tray bought from Opposite Lock. It was covered in weld spatter, and when fitted, the base was twisted so the battery wobbled around. Took it back for a refund.

Got a Piranha one. It fitted perfectly, well worth the little extra cash.