Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti Grenade kit / Fitter in Brisbane

Hello all,

Gonna grab this kit off ebay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Pa...#ht_500wt_1204

anyone care to chime in if good deal and also have a recommendation of a decent place to get fitted in south brisbane area, or a forum member care to do a cashy???

Also would like to get pyro and boost done as well. Hoping to get all fitted by same person/shop

any help greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, can't recommend anyone, but just some advice - you will need a boost gauge already installed to do this mod. Also recommend the pyro too. I'd be happy to help, but Im on the sunshine coast, and we are moving interstate shortly, so times are pretty hectic at the moment..

Cheers, and all the best with the setup

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate. At the moment I'm organizing all the components than looking to get it fitted together. I just got the Cross Country 4x4 kit that has Dawes/EGR/Catch can. Forgot about the needle valve so gonna grab that this week as well. Any preferences on the needle valve?
    Been trying to way up gauge option and think Ill go with the Autron LCD Boost/Pyro and the Dual Battery gauge from them as well.
    Still trying to find a shop in brisbane that can fit all this. I generally work 12hrs 6 days a week so day off is a tool free day. LOL

Anyone got a good shop ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get all my work done by Derek at AutoArt at Capalaba mate - he does about 6 members rigs now and is a top bloke who seems to be an excellent all rounder - one of those old school guys that doesn't charge for crap he can't sort out etc ...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that mate, sounds good. Ill get a hold of them.

Just a quick question:
    I had a bit of spare time tonight and decided id for that catch can myself, unable to finish because the kit didn't supply the hose clamps. So that'll be tomorrow and good thing I didn't cut the hose yet. Anyways while starting this I took off the intercooler cover and noticed a decent amount of gunk in the front part of the intercooler and on the passenger side where the inlet is. I tightened up the hose clamps there but the intercooler even has gunk on the fins, mostly at the front top.
    Behind the intercooler towards the firewall there is some as well..

So Ive never had a diesel before so not too sure about this. I see some comments about the pressed bit of the IC leaking. Is it common for a bit or what.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bastardo View Post
    Thanks for that mate, sounds good. Ill get a hold of them.

Just a quick question:
    I had a bit of spare time tonight and decided id for that catch can myself, unable to finish because the kit didn't supply the hose clamps. So that'll be tomorrow and good thing I didn't cut the hose yet. Anyways while starting this I took off the intercooler cover and noticed a decent amount of gunk in the front part of the intercooler and on the passenger side where the inlet is. I tightened up the hose clamps there but the intercooler even has gunk on the fins, mostly at the front top.
    Behind the intercooler towards the firewall there is some as well..

So Ive never had a diesel before so not too sure about this. I see some comments about the pressed bit of the IC leaking. Is it common for a bit or what.

Thanks guys
    As far as I'm aware, a bit of oil residue etc is normal inside the intercooler on diesels (shouldn't be saturated in the stuff though) - I can only assume it'd be the same for petrols too I guess (like mine)??.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your egr block and catch can will stop that gunk. that's the result of poor engineering trying to please the hippies. on the southside I'd recomend JW Racing tell john steve macdonald sent you.
    http://www.jwracing.com.au/
    If you have a standard intercooler don't be surprised if it leaks common problem. get a recored tig welded one or upgrade to a bigger one.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks macca. Was looking at some intercooler options as well now. If I'm not too worried about power and more about conservation, is there a big diff between the recored tig'd and the larger ones ? The cross country 4x4 one looks good but pricey.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigger better lower egt/s and more power. recored is more efficient and not leaking but only 300 bucks so value for money depends on budget as to what you get. I'm looking into the a.r.e package as I don't like the thermo fan idea only need it if doing a lot of hard work under 20km/h for it to work otherwise it hinders air flow
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have a link to that kit mate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast