OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: '90 GQ 4.2 Petrol with Auto. 'Bout 150ks. Auto toast?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'90 GQ 4.2 Petrol with Auto. 'Bout 150ks. Auto toast?

After a day in the sand dunes and a couple of 'high speed' freeway runs, the auto slips and carries on when it gets warm. Drivable when cold but when warm, struggles. Nursed it home in peak hour traffic having had to park and wait for it to cool to get up one hill in traffic.

Got it home and parked it. At some point I have to deal with it and I wondered if an trans oil change is worth trying first - (oil looks black and foul smelling) or should I bite the bullet and go for a full recon or replacement.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A service might be the first step - remove the pan, clean/replace the filter, renew the pan gasket and fresh oil.

I assume patrol auto boxes have adjustable bands like the old ford C4 auto I used to drive with - maybe they need adjusting.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    A service might be the first step - remove the pan, clean/replace the filter, renew the pan gasket and fresh oil.

I assume patrol auto boxes have adjustable bands like the old ford C4 auto I used to drive with - maybe they need adjusting.
    Yes they have a band that can be adjusted

I would start with what Silver has suggested and take it from there.

I'm guessing you were playing around at Stockton Beach, any pics you can put up?

Cheers

Todd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.