Thread: Nexen tyres?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nexen tyres?

Has anyone got Nexen tyres on their rigs? My Ford Maverick currently has new 31" Nexen Roadian AT2 tyres.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Nexen Roadian MT's on my Terrano, they seem OK but I haven't tried them off road.

Tony

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how much PSI I should have in these tyres? I'll say 35 PSI as a rough guess. It says the max PSI is 50.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqpew View Post
    Does anyone know how much PSI I should have in these tyres? I'll say 35 PSI as a rough guess. It says the max PSI is 50.
    Check this thread; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ight=4psi+rule

Food for thought.......

Tony

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have the 31" Nexen Roadian AT2 on 15 x 8 mags, they were suggested by our local performance tyre dealer.
    They hang on the bitumen quite well and cruse at 100~110kph easy without wobbles but untested off road.
    Tyre pressure 38psi

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 31" Nexen AT2, came with the car and are new, had no spare so decided to buy a another nexen rather than throw out four new tyres, thought the tyre dealer would laugh at me when I asked him for a nexen, turns out he thinks they're a top tyre, cost me $150. Great tyres on the bitumen and sand, I had my doubts when I saw them but they are performing well on everything but the rough stuff, hopeless in mud and soft clay, they look like they're going to last forever though, shame, can't wait to wear them out and put the KM2's on.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experience by my best mate from when we both had Rodeos, so much lighter vehicle.
    We didn't like them. They handled well on road, though in our experience they wore out much quicker than other tyres we'd used.
    were not good offroad in our experience (Watagans - wet or dry, Lithgow - wet or dry, Sand, Rocks etc)

as always YMMV

by comparison I had Cooper ST's on my Rodeo, and other than the rubber hardening and becoming less than ideal on wet bitumen, they were fantastic in every other way. Outlasted the Nexen's by an unmeasurable amount, and very capable off road.

I now have BFG MT's (original pattern) on my Troll, and while I don't dislike them, I think i will try BFG AT's when these are done, to see if they handle better on road, b/c my mates have a combination of MT's and AT's and off road we're yet to see the MT's make a substantial difference, while on road the AT's appear Significantly better behaved.