Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broome to cape leveque

Several years ago I was backpacking around your grand country and had the pleasure of staying in Broome. Whilst there I got a job at Cygnet Bay Pearls. Cyggy Bay is not far from Cape Leveque and is absolutely astounding. The Ocean there is an amazing turquoise and the pindan is as red as Irish red heads.....(sorry)
    We were allowed the weekends of and after being cooped up for a month cleaning barnicles from the shells of oysters me and a mate hitched in to Broome. We had a very relaxing weekend but when Sunday evening came and we were having no luck in hitching a return ride, so I drove my car at the time all the way back. It was a 2WD 1970 Mazda 1800, that I had purchased from a couple of pommies returning home to England. I only gave 50 Dollars for it, when it was worth at least 60! Lucky for us it was the dry season and I spent about two ours drifting in the sand banks of the track, and made it back to work.
    It was one hell of a mission but well worth it. I would love to drive that road again but now I am older and a little bit less reckless I would not do it in a thirty year old saloon car.
    Last edited by Mr Toad; 31st December 2011 at 12:27 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Toad For This Useful Post:

patch697 (30th December 2011)