Thread: oil pressure gauge not working

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pominozjohn View Post
    I also have an erratic Oil pressure gauge , and having read several posts on the forum , have concerns about the temperature gauge as well. Is the answer to change the sender for aftermarket items whilst retaining the original gauges / change the gauges for aftermarket items retaining the original sender / replace both sender & gauge with aftermarket?
    if you are going to aftermarket gauges ,use the sender that comes with the gauge ,as mismatching senders will give false readings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When fitting an aftermarket gauge beware. I believe that the original has two wires and acts as a safety switch to shut off the fuel in the event of a loss of pressure whilst the motor is running.
    My MK lost oil pressure, I stopped, all signs were that I had oi so I went on, the motor wouldn't switch off, I had to stall stop it. The auto electrician found both wires broken, when they were fixed oil pressure was OK and the motor shut off again.

Cheers

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nismine01 View Post
    When fitting an aftermarket gauge beware. I believe that the original has two wires and acts as a safety switch to shut off the fuel in the event of a loss of pressure whilst the motor is running.
    My MK lost oil pressure, I stopped, all signs were that I had oi so I went on, the motor wouldn't switch off, I had to stall stop it. The auto electrician found both wires broken, when they were fixed oil pressure was OK and the motor shut off again.

Cheers
    Yep, That's sort of what my problem was, brittle wires and brittle cracked insulation. I think the diesel fuel affects the insulation over time.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which gauge did you use.

The tridon TPS017 is for a light and would probally indicate as per your fault. (its a on/off switch)

The tridon TPS067 is a oil pressure sensore for use with a gauge

I also suspect these can be used with the sd33
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12