OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who would dare follow hekarewe????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who would dare follow hekarewe????

After getting some feed back from a couple of 4wding groups here in brisvagus,,, i have finally made the level one decission too,,,,,,,,, wait for it,,,,,, put on a trip down into nsw blue mountains taking in the Newns, Janolan SF also Mt Walker and maybe time permitting finishing the trip with a the caves to caves run across the back of the blue mountain NP.

i am thinking that we can use the long weekend in june to do this as it will give you Qlders the added fun of possibly doing some snow and ice driving as well maybe even camping in the snow.

for this to work for us, and so i only have to do this once i will need EVERYONE to be ok with me bring together 3 different groups with only 4wding and camping in common. the groups would be the SE Qld forum (Deeerrrrr) and river city 4wd club and off the black 4wd club out of syd. why the sydney club you ask???? because they will help with guiding as there would have been one or two chances in the tracks since i last drove themand also they are a great bunch of guys and love their 4wding

rough plan would be to leave bris after work on the start of the long weekend head down the new england hway and meet at a place called blue hills farm stay the following afternoon and use their facilities as a base camp for the first half of the trip. their location is with in half hours drive of the SF's and Mt walker i will over the next few weeks speak to rod at blue hills and see what he can do for us

what i need from everyone,,, is feed back on thoughts of doing this combine with the two other groups and also do want to camp at a farm stay with 4wd trails track and amenities or bush camp with no amenities?????

i am thinking 7 to 10 days should be enough to this the tracks i am thinking of doing will vary from c right through to a grade and maybe above depending on the weather!! so let me know your thoughs

just add this on here this is where i was thinking of putting us into as a base camp,,, there is nothing on the web site about camping but i am sure i can arrange it as i have camped there before with Off the black club there are also cabin if anyone wants them and they would be first in first served

http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm

quick up date this trip has been moved forward to easter weekend because of other commitments in june new date will be 6 april @ blue hills arriving back in brisbane on the 15 april hope these dates work for people
    Last edited by hekarewe; 18th February 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: changing dates for trip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate your the one putting on the trip, take what ever groups you want.........I might even join in for this one

Camping in the snow.......cold....very cold..... I hate the cold.......
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    Mate your the one putting on the trip, take what ever groups you want.........I might even join in for this one

it only that simple if everyone is prepared to get along with everyone and being as this could end up being a huge turn out,,,,,, i want everyone come away from it with a strong positive experence thats why i am being cautious about this asking everyone if i did not care then i would just nominate people that i wanted to go.. (not sure if that came out right???? LOL) but you should get the drift

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just add this on here this is where i was thinking of putting us into as a base camp,,, there is nothing on the web site about camping but i am sure i can arrange it as i have camped there before with Off the black club there are also cabin if anyone wants them and they would be first in first served

http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Farm sounds good if you can camp there. Should include Coxs river camp ground in the trip, that's if its still open then. Very nice spot

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Farm sounds good if you can camp there. Should include Coxs river camp ground in the trip, that's if its still open then. Very nice spot
    unfortunatly coxs river camp ground hass now been fenced of for back packers only thanks to the bitch in the echo lodge next door bitchin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hekarewe View Post
    unfortunatly coxs river camp ground hass now been fenced of for back packers only thanks to the bitch in the echo lodge next door bitchin
    You can currently still drive 2 the camp site, but can't park in the campsite itself due 2 the fences that were set up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can currently still drive 2 the camp site, but can't park in the campsite itself due 2 the fences that were set up.
    not much good when pulling a camper
    might do as a day visit from the farm

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the cold, love the cold, but camp in it... Nu!
    Are you ready for Christmas?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    righty ho guys back from broomes head so lets give this a bump and see who is interested,,,,,, i need to get an idea of who wants to go on this trip as there will be some organising involved with accomidation etc so please let me know who is on for this as i need to talk to blue hills about mid jan to let them if this is on or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast