Thread: GQ carpet and door pannels??

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,
    Just found the screw in the bottom of the handle.. After that, it was a doddle... I still have to try to fix the rear doors, as the windows wont work, (checked fuses etc..). The challenges go on..

Thanks again,
    Tinkerer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    I've seen them up on ebay mate, there's also a couple of vendors on here who may be able to help........... Nissbits and Patrolapart
    Yep! I go to Patrolapart for everything. They have a website and have several wrecks on the go, as well as a factory full of second hand parts. Excellent dudes!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just flicked my window winder spring thing off with a small flat screw driver. Wish I'd known about the special tool!!! :-o

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the special tool mate i just used a scewdriver on my old car, I have power ones now wish I didnt tho as I have problems with the drivers power window it has a mind of its own

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just bought brand new carpet (black) for my SWB for $130 + $25 postage off ebay. the seller did about 10 different colours.

here is the link to the seller:

autodownunder
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Hi mate, I just saw an add for Tru Fit so gave em a call, they do vinyl or plush pile carpet moulded sections for patrols. The vinyl is a bit thicker than standard: $220 includes front and rear section. The plush pile is around$180 (I think). $19 aus wide delivery. 1800335896. They also do that noise reduction stuff too.
    G'Day,

I don't know how much that company do the sound deadener for but if you were going to have the carpet out anyway you may be able to buy spray or brush on sound deadener / wax mix from places like supercheap and then spray / brush your floor pan to reduce the noise and give it some moisture /rust protection possibly cheaper and more coverage then buying a ready made mat.

Just an idea.

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydog16 View Post
    G'Day,

I don't know how much that company do the sound deadener for but if you were going to have the carpet out anyway you may be able to buy spray or brush on sound deadener / wax mix from places like supercheap and then spray / brush your floor pan to reduce the noise and give it some moisture /rust protection possibly cheaper and more coverage then buying a ready made mat.

Just an idea.

Enjoy!
    I reckon your onto something there... especially with the rust protection side of things.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    I reckon your onto something there... especially with the rust protection side of things.
    Yeah, I have to repaint my car as it was resprayed before I bought it and the clear coat on the bonnet is peeling and my driver's door funnily enough is just cracking and peeling in little tiny sections where my arm rests but I can't see any clear coat rubbing off.

My car is two tone blue over silver and I was quoted something like $400 - $600 for the paint and was wondering if I should just sand it back and go with one single standard colour from something like the 3m range that super cheap sell and I started to read about the 3m range of sound reducers that have wax in them or something and I thought I could spray it all inside my doors and on the floor pan as the 90 model is getting on in years and things rub and dirt and grit settle into place.

It was just a thought and I think I may give it a go and I can't see any downside apart from the cost, time, effort, smell and having to remove it if I don't like it for some reason! :-)

Seriously though it would be good to hear of anyone else who has actually applied the stuff to see what they think of it.

I also noticed that 3m also do an underbody sound deadener that would help reduce sound and rock chips that break the pain down there. Anything that was painted on mine would have been stock and done over 20 years ago so I thought I would give that a go as well.
    Last edited by Dirtydog16; 26th February 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm making some door trim out of 4mm marine ply, the standard gq trims don't last too long once they see a little bit of moisture. this wat I can choose all the upholstery too, maybe try to make it look a bit nicer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by black-mav View Post
    whats the special tool mate i just used a scewdriver on my old car, I have power ones now wish I didnt tho as I have problems with the drivers power window it has a mind of its own
    Mate,

You can also get special flat plastic things that have a v or a u cut into the end and you can slid it in behind things and it will push the circlip off. You can also use the same tool to lever the door card off on each of the plugs that hold it in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12