Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GQ TD42 Auto Conveter lock up at 60kph

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if the TPS is not correct the Auto ECU lamp should light on the dash. There is some method to get the fault codes out of the lamp flashes.... but there is a special method to get it into diagnostics mode....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am no expert in this area but I am pretty sure it is lock up as you can count the gears all the way through to 4th then you feel a clunk and the revs drop from 1400 to 1200 which I would call lock up??
    The diagnostic mode is not activating for me I have followed the proceedure exactly but cant get a code out. Generally on initial start up the power light comes on for 2sec then it flashes 16times fast with no long flashes, as the shop manual only talks of codes consisting of 10 flashes this has me baffled. An auto expert and a mate at a nissan dealer could not help with this only to say if thay are all the same length that it means all should be ok but it isnt.

Cheers Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by gq4200 View Post
    Also if the TPS is not correct the Auto ECU lamp should light on the dash. There is some method to get the fault codes out of the lamp flashes.... but there is a special method to get it into diagnostics mode....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate could it be your torqe converter i know that these can be a real pain in the A#$E when they start playing up also maybe your clutch plates are not letting go Just a thought

Also your bands in your gaer box may need adjustment and a service at the same time that should cost you too much to do that

Or you can just take it to a Automatic specilast as Auto's as you are experiencing can be a pain
    Last edited by hutchy84; 11th January 2012 at 10:38 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hutchy84 For This Useful Post:

Killametre (11th January 2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12