Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GPS Maps and Software

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that are interested, the live version update of MUD-Maps is now out in-line with the IOS6 update and happy to say that MM is working very well so far, seamless map scrolling and UI is good.

Now as for the HEMA app, since IOS6 came out, the app is rubbish, very jumpy movements on map scrolling which I hope HEMA will fix as well bring in some new map updates.

Whilst comparing HEMA v WestPrint map version of the Holland Track, I have found that IMO the Westprint maps to be better detailed and not "cluttered" like the HEMA variant BUT HEMA does have some sections with more detail.

For me, running both apps will give more than enough coverage for what I need, even more-so seeing as Apple have removed Google Maps from their AppStore, MM has it now built in so there is a wide mix of map displays in the 1 app
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anything this this would be worth a shot?

http://www.navmanstores.com.au/DOWNLOADS/4WD_TRACKS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the price it's good value....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will it work tho.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if on a compatible Navman then yes it will work, the HEMA maps pack bundled witht eh Geoscience maps goes for a lot more than that so it will be a good price if it has the lot of 250K maps
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate gave me a copy of Oziexplorer for my 7 inch chinese gps and after a bit of faffing about have got it working but cant seem to load the maps I want and find the whole interface rather challenging...

Definitely not a simple plug and play set up... very very detailed though and I think once it is mastered it would be a good bit of kit but bloody hell??

I have just about every map for Australia on it..... takes some time trying to find the right map.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I finally took the plunge and paid for Memory map. I have all the topo map loaded but its it worth getting the Hema maps too? From what I have seen the Hema maps have a bit more into of sites etc etc. I see there is an option to buy Eastern Australia for $62.99US or the Full Australia set for $139.99US. Unless theres somewhere else cheaper...

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    A mate gave me a copy of Oziexplorer for my 7 inch chinese gps and after a bit of faffing about have got it working but cant seem to load the maps I want and find the whole interface rather challenging...

Definitely not a simple plug and play set up... very very detailed though and I think once it is mastered it would be a good bit of kit but bloody hell??

I have just about every map for Australia on it..... takes some time trying to find the right map.
    A little while ago...

But you should be able to press the up/down arrow and switch to the next detailed map/less detailed map. Or have it select the most detailed map for the current location.

I took my tablet on a commercial trip (with ozi installed). I hoped to be able to relieve the boredom by tracking the flight. It only worked at the lower altitudes though. Must be something in the programming to stop it giving weird locations on the ground.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I Ozi Hema maps the same as Memory Map? Or would they work on Memory Map?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I Ozi Hema maps the same as Memory Map? Or would they work on Memory Map?
    The Ozi maps won't work directly with Memory Map but you can convert some of the Ozi file types to the memory map format (.qct)

Try this link:
    http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...p?f=38&t=86440

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 11th November 2014 at 06:42 PM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

mudski (11th November 2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast