Thread: GPS Maps and Software

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, small differences.

Two different apps that use two different map formats.

Ozi Explorer is one app available for Windows, win ce, and Android. It uses maps in the. Ozi format. You first need to by the app $25 for Android. Then you need to buy the maps and copy them to your device(s). Many types of map available.

Hema maps can be a confusing term. In one sense it is a company that sells maps. You can buy paper Hema maps (eg the Cape York one - pretty good) or the same maps are available in digital, both in Ozi format and for the memory map app.

Hema memory map is an app for both android and iphone/pad. The app is free, and you can download the maps with a free trial. Then you need a 'license' for the maps, which after activation, let's you use the maps. Memory map uses Hema maps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,260 Times in 6,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I won't be buying Ozi when I have just paid for Memory map. I didn't like the Ozi when I tried it...When I had the trial of Memory map I downloaded the entire map of Vic in the 250K topo. I can use the topo's now as I have the full version of Memory map, but in the app they have samples of the Hema map, though they garble them you can still see. I'm thinking it would be good to have both types.
    I think I can get my hands on Hema for Ozi though. I might have to have a play around.
    Last edited by mudski; 11th November 2014 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by statok View Post
    Does anything this this would be worth a shot?

http://www.navmanstores.com.au/DOWNLOADS/4WD_TRACKS
    I have this on my Navman, very basic, gives names of most tracks Ive been down. So is handy if all you have is the Navman like us but would of liked some more detail in it.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Samsung tablet with Ozi (andriod)

With the full windows version of OZI, yo can convert any JPG map into a calibrated map you just need calibration points. I also use Mapinfo at work and can make my own maps as need.

I have also writen sorwtaer that interagates a radio and plots the singal strength on Ozi, using the ozi API interface. I have also played with oxi 3d.
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all
    I got a factory Sat Nav in my 2009 TI, it has a SD card VDO Dayton under the seat, haven't used it much. We plan on doing the big trip in the future. Are these maps any good for off road tracks? Should I update them? Can I get different maps to work on it? Any info be great thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234