OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: what is a td42 out of an early GQ worth?

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is a td42 out of an early GQ worth?

Mate has a written off TD42 GQ from the early 90s. Luckily no one hurt.

What's the engine likely to be worth in Brisvegas? Ks consistent with age, has had the injectors or pump looked at a while ago, just routine service otherwise. makes black smoke under heavy load.

I suggested to him that he find a TB42 engined GQ with the usual head problem which hopefully would make it cheap, and do a transplant. Or alternatively wreck it. All depends on what the insurance coy values the mortal remains at.
    Last edited by Silver; 11th December 2011 at 01:12 AM.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would depend on the km's but my friend recently did the conversion from Tb42 to TD42 and paid around 6k for a TD42 done 300,000 but that came with the Safari turbo.

I don't think it would make much difference if the TD42 came out of a GU or a GQ but KM's would be everything IMHO.

Possibly could get even more being a silver top, not sure.

Do you how many km's It's done?

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AB, lots, but I'll ask for a more precise answer! This one is in original condition, no turbo.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”