Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. comming back to boiling problem.
    water pomp - was/is super extra lika new
    radiator- was/is clean, water flowing like crazyany ideas?
    as a temporary solution will put sd33 and here another questions is comming- exhaust will fit from current sd33t or not?

on spring when snow will go away i'm thinking about last possibility which is crack on a block liner. i'll do crack test and see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qdłaty View Post
    as a temporary solution will put sd33 and here another questions is comming- exhaust will fit from current sd33t or not?
    YES , the exhaust flange will fit between SD33 n/a and SD33T , BUT
    The n/a motor the exhaust flange is further forward then on a turbo motor
    So youll have to cut exhaust and extend it to fit your exhaust goin from a SD33T to a SD33 n/a
    I know this goin from an n/a motor to a turbo motor,as ive just done the conversion and exhaust mods, well shortening had to be done
    So youll need to lengthen goin the other way

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, thats the info i was looking for. said thing is that i've scraped last year sd33 pipe...

changing subject litlebit. does any one of you heard of conversion to land rover 4.0 v8 to MQ?
    this v8s are avalible on our market so it may be soluton for diesel problems.
    diesel fuel has higher price than gas, 5 months in year we have winter and so on. gasoline eng. is better

what do you think, front diff in patrol will survive daily driving when i will put LR v8 with LR transmision? diff is designed for higher hyway speeds?

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent heard of a land drover V8 in one, most here use the GM 5 L , LS1 gen3 5.7 L,carb chevy V8s,ford inline 6s
    Diesel is sometimes higher here at the pump, but when diesel economy is near twice that of a petrol engined version , most dont mind paying a touch more for diesel
    Those MQ/MK patrol diffs are strong , and depending on their life of abuse will handle a hard time, even from tuff V8s
    As for the tranny issue, depends how you do the fitment, do a google ,or troll around dedicated patrol forums, theres plenty on conversions and the pitfalls
    The MQ/MK have from factory various diff ratios and depending on the country its destined to go to , various ratios again

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another question guys. last week one dude told me that after '85 there is no difference between sd33 and sd33t engine block (crankshaft,pistons, rods, and else) is that true, that if there is a piston bottom oil sprayer, blocks are same?( pre 85 block didn't have oil sprayer).
    if yes will put all engine accessories from turbo to nonturbo block and thats it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12