Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sd33t head/gasket unsolved problems

hi,
    let me tell ya story about my engine...

330kkm was running well, no problems up to day that i've noticed that cooler tank is empty.. refiled; no dripping, cabin heater dry, engine dry.
    than one day after some heavy mountain riding noticed that hoses are to hard (i mean overloaded with pressure- fumes)...

so what to do? engine head taken of and...? nothing on gasket, looked very good....
    head was checked on hot pressure test, no leaks noticed, totally rebuild, valves sealers, machined etc.
    assembled on Reinz gasket.
    patrol ws running well for 500km only on the roads and sudenly started to boil water...

seceond atempt done, head off, once again checked on leak test in different diesel company, nothing came out, so ( which i do not belive i started to think that i'm crazy and did something wrong with assembling....

second Reinz gasket and after 2000 km in Romania mountains again boiling bubling and so on.

my question is:

where is the problem, did you ever meet problem with cracked sd 33t engine block? or is it gasket?

what brands of gasket you use for turbo sd?

it is hard to belive that only oryginal nissan gasket works...

i love my truck but i'm close to nut house.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF the heads been checked and the gasket replaced and she still boiling,get that radiator out and properly cleaned
    Considering the cost to rebuilt the head ,and the cost of genuine head gasket let alone labour , ya dont wanna be pulling it all apart just for practice

Radiator done, new rad cap,new top bottom hoses,check the fan clutch hub,but im leaning towards a blocked rad

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, it my be true, radiator... but how tu be sure that the flow is correct?

and second thing, it is not boling just bubling without thermostat. with thermostat ( checked different ones temp gets crazy)
    an way i'll try. thanks
    ps. i hope that i did'nt overheated engine when last time was drivin home olmost without water for 20 km.... was around 5 celsius outside

new hoses? i think it is not possible to buy it even in nissan dealer. its not australia mq was rear in Poland 10 years ago now it is white crow only rd28t around ;///
    Last edited by qdłaty; 11th December 2011 at 06:51 AM.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you dont have a thermostat in there ???

Go put one in , itll run massively hotter without one

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qdłaty View Post
    well, it my be true, radiator... but how tu be sure that the flow is correct?

and second thing, it is not boling just bubling without thermostat. with thermostat ( checked different ones temp gets crazy)
    an way i'll try. thanks
    ps. i hope that i did'nt overheated engine when last time was drivin home olmost without water for 20 km.... was around 5 celsius outside

new hoses? i think it is not possible to buy it even in nissan dealer. its not australia mq was rear in Poland 10 years ago now it is white crow only rd28t around ;///
    If the temperature goes up considerably with a thermostat installed its telling you, you have a restriction in the flow somewhere.

I would be going with MQ Mad on this one & if you can not find a replacement radiator, I would be getting your radiator properly cleaned & serviced.

Try Ebay for your replacement hoses, you can have them shipped to you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am stating the obnious, or maybe I'm looking to far into things. You and the mechanic Know there are two different head gaskets for SD33 right? The non turbo gasket does not fit a turbo motor correctly, you must buy a SD33T head gasket!

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no "mechanic" there's only me, i know about difference in gaskets. thx for reminder.
    did you ever heard about water pump wearing in those engines? i do not want to disasembly to keep it not leaking.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water pumps will wear out especially if only water(not anti-corroding coolant) has been used.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so it may be also a reason for pure water flow. car oryginaly came from Italy- so it is obvious that things like running without oil, water, lot of dents around the body, all of glow plugs not working etc. can happen they completly don't give a s**t to things like that. only one thing is good- no rust and horn will work. in rest of europe its oposite. any way i like italians so no offense

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qdłaty View Post
    so it may be also a reason for pure water flow. car oryginaly came from Italy- so it is obvious that things like running without oil, water, lot of dents around the body, all of glow plugs not working etc. can happen they completly don't give a s**t to things like that.
    Its not really a country originated or common thing to generally not care for your car
    It happens alot here in australia as well,mate has never topped his radiator with coolant ,ever
    Owned the cars 18 years ,and didnt know any different,only serviced it when oil level right down,hasnt had an oil change in be nearly 2 years,check n tyres , "What for"
    This is on a car he bought only a few months old,so lacking the lovin for the cars , its everywhere,then throw in the age factor and what some older cars are worth,you can see why they dont get the lovin
    Alotta young blokes are buying these old patrols over here for not much and absolutely abusing them to near death and they will take that abuse, they are a tuff ol rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast