Thread: Ask all your general ( none related forum ) computer questions here

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Yes you did, my old man got it free from work and was going to give it to my daughter for Xmas a couple of years ago. Told him she can't have it because we'd got her a tablet. He gave to her the following year but she can't use it because we refuse to open up an account for her. It's sits in a drawer waiting to be thrown out
    You could send it 2 me instead of throwing it out
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    You could send it 2 me instead of throwing it out
    Nah mate, I couldn't offload a piece of crap onto anyone. The smashed up and binned is the best thing for it........... Who knows, in 7 years time I might let her open up her own account.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (19th February 2015), Winnie (19th February 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    what operating system are you running? codecs shouldnt be an issue if your using shark007...

FYI have you seen my nerd build thread? it may be some interest to you http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...d+build+thread
    W7 Ultimate....shark007 is loaded with every codec under the sun and half never worked. Been there.... Using Haali, Matroska splitter and ffd show. IIRC. Tried shark007 and it was impossible to make 1080P MKV play smooth. I recently bought a new and faster SSD for it. Just gotta get off my rrss and reinstall Windo$e on it. As it used to play really well, except for one movie that I downloaded. Avatar. But that was a 29Gb file and it jumps around. Now its jumping around a lot now and I can't put my finger on the cause. The network or the HTPC.
    I really would like to run a micro server, rather than a NAS, as I reckon this is my issue, as my other HTPC it does this on the odd occasion too. There must be a bottle neck somewhere. File transfer speeds were certainly quick enough from HTPC to NAS. But I found sometimes changing the jumbo frame size on the HTPC (when I'd get this glitch) would help. Wether it was just a coincedence? I don't know.
    Anyhow, I got the shits with it and left it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    W7 Ultimate....shark007 is loaded with every codec under the sun and half never worked. Been there.... Using Haali, Matroska splitter and ffd show. IIRC. Tried shark007 and it was impossible to make 1080P MKV play smooth. I recently bought a new and faster SSD for it. Just gotta get off my rrss and reinstall Windo$e on it. As it used to play really well, except for one movie that I downloaded. Avatar. But that was a 29Gb file and it jumps around. Now its jumping around a lot now and I can't put my finger on the cause. The network or the HTPC.
    I really would like to run a micro server, rather than a NAS, as I reckon this is my issue, as my other HTPC it does this on the odd occasion too. There must be a bottle neck somewhere. File transfer speeds were certainly quick enough from HTPC to NAS. But I found sometimes changing the jumbo frame size on the HTPC (when I'd get this glitch) would help. Wether it was just a coincedence? I don't know.
    i would have to say you bottleneck probably is the northbridge of your motherboard and thats what cant handle the information being decrypted from the video, have you considered that?
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    i would have to say you bottleneck probably is the northbridge of your motherboard and thats what cant handle the information being decrypted from the video, have you considered that?
    I haven't but not convinced it is that.

Actually... I do remember playing the HD mkv's from a portable hdd and they played fine. I think. Jeez. I need to just sit down, with a slab next to me and nut this out, once and for all. Getting a pvr would be easier though...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Did you try turning it off and back on again?
    Hello from Under Down Under!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (20th February 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a DVD player. It's built into the telly and is really good.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th February 2015), katwoman (20th February 2015), rusty_nail (20th February 2015), taslucas (20th February 2015)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Did you try turning it off and back on again?
    You idiot. Hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I have a DVD player. It's built into the telly and is really good.
    Trouble is, I don't own DVD's. Well I do, but all the dvd's I have and the sub 500 other movies are all stored on a network drive. So I just push a button and play. Well, thats what its supposed to do. Lol.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nic. Whats your transfer speed from say your HTPC to your server? What cable you running too? Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just letting everybody know i do work in IT so if anybody needs any help i will try and help out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TD42_PWR For This Useful Post:

Bob (24th March 2015), mudnut (24th March 2015)

Page 95 of 176 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast