Thread: Ask all your general ( none related forum ) computer questions here

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask all your general ( none related forum ) computer questions here

I thought it would be a fantastic idea to keep all the computer questions and answers in the one thread.

Maybe, if I beg enough, a mod could make this a sticky. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Any advice given in this thread is done so with the best knowledge & intentions of the person providing it & is based solely on the information they have at hand. Anyone attempting to carryout any repairs on there own or any other computer with the advice given here does so of there own free will & with the express knowledge that any & all exorcizes are to be attempted/performed "AT THERE OWN RISK".

DISCLAIMER Please be advised the forum, its Administrators & Moderators will not be held responsible or accountable for any & all damages that may be incurred by any & all individuals & or equipment as a result information or advice given & or any costs associated forthwith.

Regards

Forum Administration.
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 15th November 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Edited Title
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lappy with a usb stick so that the mouse and keyboard can go wireless. My problem is that when I take the stick out, they keyboard reverts to the lappy keyboard, but I can't move the lappy mouse. Any ideas? It's a Logitech usb stick.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I have a lappy with a usb stick so that the mouse and keyboard can go wireless. My problem is that when I take the stick out, they keyboard reverts to the lappy keyboard, but I can't move the lappy mouse. Any ideas? It's a Logitech usb stick.
    My idea is its because computers are technology that went wrong......... useless pieces of cr!p
    And probable because your using Microsoft as an operating system *LMAO*

Do you just rip the memory stick out or do you use the "Safely remove hardware and Eject media" that should be located on the taskbar somewhere?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (1st December 2011), patch697 (1st December 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    My idea is its because computers are technology that went wrong......... useless pieces of cr!p
    And probable because your using Microsoft as an operating system *LMAO*
    Got it in one mate.......hahahahahaha

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    A lot of those cordless USB mouse units are detected at start up, some even require being detected at start up before they'll work & when detected become your default.

I'd try what Todd suggested & see if it works but most times the simplest way around it is a restart without the component plugged in to restore the mouse pad as the default.

The other is to go into the control panel before disconnecting the mouse & change the default manually or via hot keys.

Like I said the simple way around it is a restart.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by patch697; 1st December 2011 at 07:21 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (1st December 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't seem to be able to put up a profile pic on this site, I have tried to do so, and when I look on my profile settings it is there, but nothing is coming up on my posts (see left)

any ideas????
    ZTG

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZTG View Post
    I don't seem to be able to put up a profile pic on this site, I have tried to do so, and when I look on my profile settings it is there, but nothing is coming up on my posts (see left)

any ideas????
    ZTG
    disregard I worked it out, I had it saved as a profile pic, you need to save it as an avatar sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get photos off a portable hard drive when the computer it's plugged into doesn't recognise it?
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Why does the touch pad on my lappy freeze every now and then? And what can I do to get it working again without restarting the computer?? I don't use a mouse so this is frustrating.
    It may have a corrupt driver & be in need of a driver update.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snicko View Post
    How do you get photos off a portable hard drive when the computer it's plugged into doesn't recognise it?
    Whats it asking for when you plug it in first off?

If the computer can't see it when its first plugged in, try going into control panel & going through "add new hardware" the computer will then do a manual search for any new hardware or devices recently added to it system. Once its detected the device it should install a suitable driver for the hardware automatically & if it cant find one, it will prompted you to give it permission to use the internet to search for a suitable driver. If it finds one it will install it & your on your way.

If this isn't the problem it could be a partition or format issue but try the above first & get back to us if you find you need more help with it.
    Last edited by patch697; 3rd December 2011 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast