OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Before you sign up or download manuals - read this - important!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    AB , just read this thread.........................
    No steve the manuals are not manuals that have been designed by members, 99.9% are manuals made by nissan that have been sourced off the net from various members and various places.

So he cannot sell the manuals
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (23rd September 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB , just read this thread (yeh late i know,lol) Interesting the manuals are supplied by members, (i have not downloaded them to see what they look like), but did these people/members make/design the manuals themselves ?, and assume they have given the forum permission to distribute the manuals online etc.

So, if thats the case, i just wonder why you can't just sell the manuals to those people that don't want to make 25 posts , this would help the forum more , rather than all the dribble from those people posting to get to 25, then we never see them again ?
    Yeah I know mate this is a growing concern and Ive thought about this a lot!

Legally (and morally) I am concerned about the money factor for copyright information but....I am thinking of developing a software where you can only download it once and do not get to know the exact URL of the manuals so people can't paste the link all over other websites which kills us. A possible code the user will have to enter in to gain access and that one off code is only given when asked in a thread or something like that.

I've been trying to find software that can possibly do this, if anyone knows of any software out there then please let me know as I am so sick of coding lately and there must be someone who has done something like this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

04OFF (23rd September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Legally (and morally) I am concerned about the money factor for copyright information
    Don't know why, moving the manuals into a forum sponsors only section of the forum is not obtaining money for the manual.

If Nissan want to get you for copyright they will do so regardless if you're making money of it

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    No steve the manuals are not manuals that have been designed by members, .
    So he cannot sell the manuals
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Legally (and morally) I am concerned about the money factor for copyright information but....
    So how does that work, if you can't sell em, but you can still distribute them no problem ?, as Todd said, i doub't you would have to recieve "money" to breach copyright laws, when i used to show outdoor movies, even if i didn't charge a fee for people to see the movie, id still have to get written permisson and pay royalties to the copyright owners of the film.

Sorry don't know of any programs that will do what you need without a human having to do heaps of work all the time, im sure Todd said he still had some free time each week (ha-ha)
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how does that work, if you can't sell em, but you can still distribute them no problem ?,
    The forum is not legally meant to distribute them, hence why I don't see a problem moving them 2 a forum sponsors area only.

Sorry Steve gotta go do some work 2 the Patrol, should be back on here in a few years time, willing 2 put my hand up than if it still needs doing

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how does that work, if you can't sell em, but you can still distribute them no problem ?, as Todd said, i doub't you would have to recieve "money" to breach copyright laws, when i used to show outdoor movies, even if i didn't charge a fee for people to see the movie, id still have to get written permisson and pay royalties to the copyright owners of the film.

Sorry don't know of any programs that will do what you need without a human having to do heaps of work all the time, im sure Todd said he still had some free time each week (ha-ha)

Its like music or video copywright i suppose. A musician can sample anothers track and/or do a cover of anothers song and even record and distribute it BUT they cant charge for it. It must be free
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Its like music or video copywright i suppose. A musician can sample anothers track and/or do a cover of anothers song and even record and distribute it BUT they cant charge for it. It must be free

I know there has been a few changes to copyright laws not that long ago, but are you sure thats actual law, or just something people get away with on a regular basis ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if it was possible to give a contribution (money) and get to download manuals

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    It would be nice if it was possible to give a contribution (money) and get to download manuals
    Join in some conversations, ask a few questions and have a chat with our friendly members and you'll have 25 posts in no time and be able to download the manuals. In that time you may find an even bigger wealth of knowledge in all threads new and old. There is also a volounteered sponsorship that you can pay to help support this awesome place if you like
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    Hey mate, there is a forum sponsorship located here which gains access straight away if you like = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/sponsorship.html

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast