OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Hut / King Hut / Vic High Country - Trip Report 19th-20th Nov 2011

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Craig's Hut / King Hut / Vic High Country - Trip Report 19th-20th Nov 2011

Some of us are back from the trip.

Photos and chats can be put in here if you have any.

As usual I spent the whole time driving so don't have many photos...lol. I won't lie, the weather was absolutely horrible. We had constant rain from Friday evening to Sunday morning but we still had a blast.

Plenty of photos and stories coming soon...

Kris bought along some chilli sauce with a scorpian logo. He warned me how hot it was but I put some on my steak and I nearly died...lol...It honestly felt like I was eating hot coals and I will never be the same again. After a few drinks one night Kris accidently rubbed some of it in his eyes and he ran around like his eye was on fire and we had to flush it out with water....Looked very painful but I had to admit it was damn funny...lol

It was a good test for the new turbo and I must say I am absolutely loving my Patrol now...I think there may be a video coming of me getting bogged in a deep mud hole needing a snatch from Rossco...lol

Below are the only photos I have...lol....Some of the famous Craig's hut and one photo of Milo (Rosscos mate) who nearly rolled his shorty....Photo's don't show the steepness but you can see how he slipped back on an angle and if he had of slipped off that rock then it could have been very ugly....Rossco has some better photos of the steepness so stay tuned.

It was great meeting all of you guys (some for the first time) so we'll do it again this summer and hopefully get better weather!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

big_fletch (21st November 2011), chester (22nd November 2011), Clunk (23rd November 2011), DX grunt (25th November 2011), GUtsy ute (21st November 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (21st November 2011), patch697 (21st November 2011), Plasnart (21st November 2011), Silver (21st November 2011), snicko (23rd November 2011), timbar (28th November 2011), Warnie (21st November 2011), Woof (21st November 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know ur pain Kris I got a 14/10 chilli sauce splashed in my eye once can still feel the stalk that connects the eye to the brain searing hahahahaha

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The trip was unreal and it was great to put a face to a name finally . The weather gods weren't so nice to us but when I left on Sunday I might have taken the bad weather with me...LOL
    I have some photos and some vids of one of the tracks ...I'll post up a bit later

Anyone for some chilly? LOL... I admit it was pretty funny.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

snicko (23rd November 2011), Woof (21st November 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    I know ur pain Kris I got a 14/10 chilli sauce splashed in my eye once can still feel the stalk that connects the eye to the brain searing hahahahaha
    Hahaha, YEP! not good at all mate..15/10 lol

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks the goods boys. Hopefully my little brother has his navara come new years when we go up to my buller so we can go explore this area better. I have been to Craigs hut many times and have ridden my mountain bike from my buller over the top of sterling, to Craigslist hut and then down to merrijig before but it would be nice to investigate further without having to pedal lol.

Tbanks AB for the pics, its amazing he didn't roll on that angle to the hill, lucky I say. Can't wait for more pics of one.of my favorite areas
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lucky buggers
    love the look of that country side ,cant wait to get over there,

piccies ...want more piccies , any hot ones hahhahahahahah ............. chillie amigos
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just Home.
    The Weather finally cleared up yesterday and we had some great trips during the Day.
    Pics coming after I have a clean up
    Snicko had some 4 W/D experience yesterday and she cant wipe the smile off her Face.

Great Weekend
    After looking at my Pics they are not interesting enough.
    Quite sure other participants will have lots of Pics.
    Thank Belz for organising this trip
    Last edited by Bob; 22nd November 2011 at 09:06 AM.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

big_fletch (21st November 2011), Clunk (23rd November 2011), growler2058 (21st November 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (21st November 2011), nowoolies (21st November 2011), Plasnart (21st November 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Guys,

I would like to say that I enjoyed meeting "his highness" AB, Nisspat, Rossco, Bob, Snicko, Mr Snicko and Fletch. And it was great to see Roofy and his boss as well as Katwoman, Steve and Emily. A HUGE THANK-YOU to Fletch for fixing my car - boost pipe was loose!!
    Thank-you to Bob so taking us down some tracks. Thanks to AB, Rossco, Bob and Fletch for driving on Saturday in the wet.
    Sunday was great weather wise and I am sure that AB would have loved the tracks that we did after he left, it involved Snicko testing out her lockers!!!! And I agree with Bob, Snicko had the biggest smile on her face last night and all this morning and she couldn't stop talking about what she had done. I won't say any further because I know Snicko has a trip report in the works.... keep your eyes open it sounds good.
    Having Snicko and Nisspat come down for the weekend has made me apprechiate just what us Victorian's have at our backdoor and how lucky we are.
    N.B - The reason I referred to AB as his royal highness well you should have seen what he made to keep out of the rain, I think I have a photo in all 300 of my photos. I will post one as soon as I find it!

What a brillant weekend!!!
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belzi82 For This Useful Post:

AB (21st November 2011), Bob (21st November 2011), snicko (23rd November 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Royal Highness AB
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belzi82 For This Useful Post:

Clunk (23rd November 2011), snicko (23rd November 2011), Woof (21st November 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ingenuity. You can only work with what you've got
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast