Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: and for something completely different

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to give more notice next time mate - Dhuck and I were talking this arvo and this would have been 'über cool' to do ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hekarewe View Post
    AB i was in a shop yesterday they had a 338 win iron sights for just under $800 very tempting and a mossi .17 for $395 even more tempting so may have to give mtself a chrissy pressy soon LOL

as for my old 308 she has been a bit of a mule thus far have had issues with keepibg scopes on it because the amount of recoil in it but hoping the latest fix will work should know byu this afternoon fingers crossed
    Had the same prob with the scopes moving I was advised by my Gunsmith to smear a little silastic under the mounting brackets, seems to help.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried that once but after a while it just looks like an ass and starts to smell!!!!
    g`day Hek
    a dead mule is like a test tube full of lead powder, put in the rear of the stock , (sorta like the cleaning kit hole in a .303,)
    when you fire the round, the lead powder slam`s foward in the tube towards the muzzel end of the rifle, and take`s quite a bit of recoil out of the rifle,
    well worth trying if someone has a bit of a flinch developing
    and (dead mule ) is just it`s name, and last but not least .......it don`t smell hahahahahaha
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB i was in a shop yesterday they had a 338 win iron sights for just under $800 very tempting and a mossi .17 for $395 even more tempting so may have to give mtself a chrissy pressy soon LOL

as for my old 308 she has been a bit of a mule thus far have had issues with keepibg scopes on it because the amount of recoil in it but hoping the latest fix will work should know byu this afternoon fingers crossed
    try putting lock tight on inside of the scope rings (between the mount and the tube of the scope) it will never move again, untill you undo the screws, i have a few big kickers and do this with all of them, also lock tight all screws, mount`s rings, and any on the rifle,
    i dont have any problems with scope`s or mounts moving
    and well done to your little girl , now you going to have some competition, hahahahahaha
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    You need to give more notice next time mate - Dhuck and I were talking this arvo and this would have been 'über cool' to do ...
    yes was bit of a brain fart that morning sorry about the short notice but can organise another day as no doubt Rhiannon will want to try out her rifle now that its zeroed for her will let you know next time i am going

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowoolies View Post
    try putting lock tight on inside of the scope rings (between the mount and the tube of the scope) it will never move again, untill you undo the screws, i have a few big kickers and do this with all of them, also lock tight all screws, mount`s rings, and any on the rifle,
    i dont have any problems with scope`s or mounts moving
    and well done to your little girl , now you going to have some competition, hahahahahaha
    yep have lock tighted the bridge and tightened the rest of it seams to have held up this time so will check it again this week when i clean it if it hasnt moved all will be well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12