Thread: What do you do for work?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottodiver View Post
    I was just sitting here reading posts from soooo many different people and started wondering what wide variety of people are on here so i had a look around for a thread asking what people did for a living so i thought i would start one(hopefully i am not repeating an old one that i missed)...

So i will start it: i am in the construction industry in the building of minesites/gas plants/refineries etc which consists of fly in/fly out which seems to be a community of it's own..
    i am a crane operator (open ticketed and tower crane so that is anything over 100 tonne cranes, and also tower cranes).

look forward to seeing what others have to say!!

Scotty
    Good opening topic. Well Scotty, i had a mid life crisis several years ago and went back to uni and became an Industrial Tech teacher. Now after one year of teaching it seems some of those gifted and talented students (AKA little bastards) are going to give me a crisis for the remainder of my life! I recently inherited my late fathers SWB GQ, in pretty good nic, replaced/repaired several bits, ran up a big bill now will be using it as my dog to the beach/fishing vehicle. All i have to do now is find parts,learn how to be a bit of a mechanic to have offroad confidence.
    Good luck with everything in WA. look forward to reading posts and searching for info and fixes. Cheers mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a full time community helper....I go around my local community helping people who have no other way of getting things done. I'm a jack of most trades and a gardener. Been a professional musician as well. I don't work for money, I don't trade and I don't barter. I live off the land and receive help from people who want to and choose to support me. I place no obligation of anyone for anything. Everything I receive is freely given to me by the wonderful people around me. I have been living like this since surviving suicide 5 years ago....thankfully!!! Was a bit of a mid midlife crisis !!! Lifes all good now though !!!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeJay For This Useful Post:

AB (17th January 2012), blocko05 (26th August 2015), DX grunt (17th January 2012), growler2058 (17th January 2012), Maxhead (17th January 2012), rusty_nail (17th January 2012), snicko (26th January 2012), Sprock (17th January 2016), Woof (22nd January 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strewth glad its worked out for you mate

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Strewth glad its worked out for you mate
    Hahaha yea me too . Glad I went through it mate cos I've been surrounded by nutters trying to top themselves since then...and I know what it's like to be a nutter !!! The best knowledge is personal first hand experience..... unless it's a tow ball flying off your truck...... Cheers mate

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeJay For This Useful Post:

AB (17th January 2012), fixer982 (18th January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a range of occupations on here. A credit to AB for having such wide appeal from this forum. I started out in Radio and Electronics in the Army at the end of Vietnam, then moved into Office Machines and early word processors, then inevitably into computers. Have done some other things along the way, but been in IT for 25+ years. I now manage a team of network server engineers for HP here in Adelaide, looking after SA Government. I am a licenced Amateur Radio Operator but still prefer working on cars and boats. The Trol has been an absolute hoot to play with.
    GU Series 4 Ti, 3.0 CRD Auto with extra bits

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a motor mechanic by trade and have moved around a bit in the automotive industry from dealers to OEM manufacturers, to performance exhaust manufacturers and back to OEM.
    Now working in the 'Global Aftersales Diagnostic Engineering' department.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.845413,144.946689
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Dejay, I've got mates who work in psych wardsand they are so good at it because of their close encouters with addiction themselves.
    I've got my own gardening / landscaping business, which helps pay my way through a science degree at the moment

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer982 View Post
    What a range of occupations on here. A credit to AB for having such wide appeal from this forum. I started out in Radio and Electronics in the Army at the end of Vietnam, then moved into Office Machines and early word processors, then inevitably into computers. Have done some other things along the way, but been in IT for 25+ years. I now manage a team of network server engineers for HP here in Adelaide, looking after SA Government. I am a licenced Amateur Radio Operator but still prefer working on cars and boats. The Trol has been an absolute hoot to play with.
    Bugger AB, there's only one appeal here.......The mighty PATROL! Lol
    But actually, a definite credit to AB who made this all possible.....cheers AB :-)
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to have you with us Dejay ( in more ways than one).
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am a mechanical drafter - also a qualified fitter and turner

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast