Thread: What do you do for work?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do for work?

Left school at 13 - hated it - just wanted to get out there & work , the final straw was when I asked them to show how I'd use algebra in everyday life & they couldn't so I went to work on the family dairy farm , then worked in a quarry & learnt driving trucks in every spare minute of time I had , got my truck licence on my 20th birthday , did local , interstate - general & overnight express , logging , sold my truck & Bought a $750,000 tree trimmer machine , did it for 18mths then went back to trucks . Logging , floats then interstate again . Now back driving log trucks again around Gippsland & Yarra Valley , in between all that I used to do a lot of aluminium polishing on weekends - bullbars , fuel tanks & wheels etc on trucks .

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (17th January 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,037 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Left school at 13 - hated it - just wanted to get out there & work , the final straw was when I asked them to show how I'd use algebra in everyday life & they couldn't so I went to work on the family dairy farm , then worked in a quarry & learnt driving trucks in every spare minute of time I had , got my truck licence on my 20th birthday , did local , interstate - general & overnight express , logging , sold my truck & Bought a $750,000 tree trimmer machine , did it for 18mths then went back to trucks . Logging , floats then interstate again . Now back driving log trucks again around Gippsland & Yarra Valley , in between all that I used to do a lot of aluminium polishing on weekends - bullbars , fuel tanks & wheels etc on trucks .

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started
    I take it that you like driving trucks.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I hate the fukn things Jay but they get into your blood - harder to get rid of than syphilis

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (17th January 2016), jay see (17th January 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    Nah I hate the fukn things Jay but they get into your blood - harder to get rid of than syphilis

I here ya Adam! Even though i spent 90 percent of my career in truck spare parts, not driving them, those rigs just get in ya blood.
    Even now i find myself wandering aroind a sweet rig parked in a stop somewhere just checking it out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chef by trade. Farmer by choice.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work as a Project Manager / Service Delivery Manager. It's a breath of fresh air not being in a direct IT role, after 18 years of IT...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just clocked over 10 years in IT starting out as a lowly printer paper refill boy. Currently a systems administrator responsible for 7000 workstations and 700 servers. I'm IT support for IT. Had my fill of this industry and looking forward to a change in career. I'm looking to transition into Mr. Mom. Wife makes more than I do and she actually enjoys her job. Still got over a year before I transition.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazq View Post
    Just clocked over 10 years in IT starting out as a lowly printer paper refill boy. Currently a systems administrator responsible for 7000 workstations and 700 servers. I'm IT support for IT. Had my fill of this industry and looking forward to a change in career. I'm looking to transition into Mr. Mom. Wife makes more than I do and she actually enjoys her job. Still got over a year before I transition.
    Nice one.

I did daddy daycare for a few months last year while changing careers. Holy crap.. hardest I've ever worked in my life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pjhsv For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (31st March 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 years as an Electronic Technician repairing stuff, PCs, two-way radio, video, audio, PA, factory automation. Transitioned into engineering/development in around '05. Have been involved in the development of some cool stuff and now have a few projects of my own on the go.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast