OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is the best Patrol on the market?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me put it this way .. a heavily modified anything (Cruiser, Jeep, Suziki, Hilux, etc, etc) will go just as far (and some further) than a patrol in varying circumstances. Reality is, most of us don't push our trucks to this extreme. So for me, it comes back to personal preference based on looks, reliability, practicality, function, ease of parts access/maintenance, cost, lifestyle, etc..

The MK/MQ ticked all those boxes for me personally years ago, the GQ and GU (I've owned multiple of both) tick them all now ...

Don't much care for the current GU/GQ debate, as I had two GU's and they were every bit as tough as the current GQ - but once I tipped a $50000 truck on its side doing what I want to do (lifestyle) I simply couldn't justify damaging such a nice vehicle (cost and practicality) so elected to go back to a cheaper GQ ...

No matter what happened, I was sticking with a Patrol - my family (father, two brothers and myself) have had 10 between us of different flavours (only one brother who's now a skirt and now drives a Prado - old boy and eldest brother still in Patrols!! lol).

Personal choice and personal opinion, however one thing I know is absolute fact across any of the model variants - without them, none of us would be here yapping about it and we would've missed out on the chance to meet such awesome like minded people who are rapidly becoming a solid group of "mates from different states"!!!

Now .... was that flowery enough for everyone??!! lol

Oh and by the way ...

GO THE GQ's!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

patch697 (11th November 2011), Warnie (11th November 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Personal choice and personal opinion, however one thing I know is absolute fact across any of the model variants - without them, none of us would be here yapping about it and we would've missed out on the chance to meet such awesome like minded people who are rapidly becoming a solid group of "mates from different states"!!!

Now .... was that flowery enough for everyone??!! lol
    I never new you felt so strongly Bigus old mate....... Im going to PM AB & request & frock with our NISSANPATROL.com.au logo on it special just for you..... The only thing im stuck on is what colour to order it in......................hahahahahahahahaha

All jokes aside old mate I agree 100%.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    I never new you felt so strongly Bigus old mate....... Im going to PM AB & request & frock with our NISSANPATROL.com.au logo on it special just for you..... The only thing im stuck on is what colour to order it in......................hahahahahahahahaha

All jokes aside old mate I agree 100%.
    Hahaha ... pink of course!!!! Although ... I am partial to lilac ... lmao

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

belzi82 (29th November 2011), patch697 (11th November 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Hahaha ... pink of course!!!! Although ... I am partial to lilac ... lmao
    Pink it is..........hahahahahahahahahahah

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pay 1.20 per Litre for gas (remote area prices)

I have a budget of about $20,000 I have had quick look at the td42 its a great rig, but its hard to move away from the GU its been reliable and great offroad on this trip around Aus. ultimatly the GU is looking the better option so I can transfer all the extras and upgrades.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. Although, i think they are all fantastic!!!! I know guys with your car or similar, and its safe to say that the 4.5 will literally go anywere!!!
    I own a 3.0 litre and it goes anywere as well. I also get 950 - 1000 Kms on diesel.
    Good hunting
    2001 GU series II 3.0 TD.
    2" lift
    Dual Battery System
    ARB Snorkel
    Awesome car!!!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least some GQs have the 260H box from the factory, even though it is overkill for most applications.

I would nominate my Russian-spec Patrol - LWB, TD42, dual batteries (in series), so electricals are still 12V but you get extra current for cranking over in Russian winters, and you get factory block and fuel heater for those Russian winters, plus no pesky air-conditioning or auto hubs, at no extra charge!

Sure, the narrower GQ track is less stable, but you get better ground clearance and can better pick your way through Russian forests where a wider car cannot go.

I only wish it had a factory locker, and I really really wish it had the factory swaybar disconnect. I could fit an ARB locker, but good luck find an aftermarket swaybar disconnect.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers I think my Patrol Info is now of the chart. But I have come to realise that why sell one Patrol and buy another! that still leaves me with one Patrol. I will keep my GU Wagon and Buy a Deisel UTE, Patrol of course Then I'll have 2 Patrols and the Choice of 3 fuels.

Thanks Heaps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234