User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canning Stock Route

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mate and I are off to do the CSR in July this year. We leave on the 26th July. Have planned 21 days to do this iconic trip.
    Will have a stop in Wolfe creek and then up to Wyndham as that's is where my mate is from.
    So looking forward to the trip.

Wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2010 me & the missus went down the Canning (centenary year) in our Nissan Patrol ute & Eziup slideon , fantastc trip (it was my second - 1st was in 1992) .... we took our time , approx 25 days , no problems at all ..... my suggestions -
    Corrugations - tyres down to ~20 psi , speed ~ 18 km/hr , sit back & enjoy the view & the conversation.
    Fuel - we carried 175 litres in standard fuel tanks , plus 60 litres in jerry cans - was maybe too much - refuelled at well 33 - Kunawarratji (spelling). $3.00 litre.
    Water - carried 50 litres for drinking - used well water etc for showers - refilled water at well 33.
    Top camps at some of the restored wells , as well as Durba - can you believe we haad that place to ourselves for a night !
    enjoy

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Boke,
    Your rig is very similar ours, Coil cab ute 4.2 td with a carryme slideon camper. We are planning on a trip to the Canning next year, I'd be very greatful if you had any fuel stats from your trip, especially the stint from Willuna to Kunawarratji, you mentioned you may have carried too much, but not what you used. I'd also be interested in what tyres you ran and how you went for punctures etc.
    thanks very much
    Mick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12